1990 yeti ultimate 'new recent photo's added'.

Re: my 1990 yeti ultimate new OLD 'photo's added from 1990'

Nice story and wheel wise there are a set of Mavic M7CD rims on Deore LX hubs from a well known stripper and flipper on eBay. They may not be your thing and they also maybe a bit steep but they are pretty close to the Dakars, just a little lighter from memory (the Gao Dakar wheelset which I nearly bought was bombproof).

Carl.

drcarlos":2b7okwmz said:
Nice story and wheel wise there are a set of Mavic M7CD rims on Deore LX hubs from a well known stripper and flipper on eBay. They may not be your thing and they also maybe a bit steep but they are pretty close to the Dakars, just a little lighter from memory (the Gao Dakar wheelset which I nearly bought was bombproof).

Carl.

Hi carl,

Thank you for that, glad you like the story..
Wheel wise...,I did have a good think a while ago about buying them M7's, even got to the offer stage with the seller ( who came across really well ).. but decided i needed new in the end..
funny you mentioning them, because i had a look at them again earlier today.. :D
Im still tempted..

Bye for now,

Martin

Re:

Ive been going through my stuff and have come across a couple more pics..

I think this was taken at the end of 92 but cant be 100% sure, The race number on the bars was from the winter series at sherwood pines notts, i must have just cleaned it for this shot..
Not the best quality photo, but it shows the custom blue anodized crown & brace on the manitou's, and the grey flite saddle.

Not taken by me, but by my business partner at the time whilst touring the states is the yeti outlet sign.. featuring the ultimate sign hanger 'pun intended', i presume this is from the durango shop..

1990 yeti ultimate by redfern1950s, on Flickr

yeti cycles 'factory outlet' by redfern1950s, on Flickr

Really nice!

People say "bb shells were stamped and thrown in a bucket before assembly, so frame numbers mean very little" - I´ld be interested in yours.
Would you share it? Own a `89 Ultimate, that´s why I´ld like to know. Thank you.

Friendly greetings
IHateRain

IHateRain":1emnu39i said:
Really nice!

People say "bb shells were stamped and thrown in a bucket before assembly, so frame numbers mean very little" - I´ld be interested in yours.
Would you share it? Own a `89 Ultimate, that´s why I´ld like to know. Thank you.

Friendly greetings
IHateRain

Hi,
Thank you very much :D

WOW.... you have an 89 ultimate , i would like to see that...
Concerning the bb shells and numbering, ive heard a few things and also heard that some of the tubes where left overs from redline, but cant be sure..

For years i thought my frame number was really low ( the paint is pretty thick in that area ) and have only just found my original paperwork that came with my frame set.
I cant believe this, ive had an envelope all these years and never noticed the letter with in :facepalm:
I always knew it was a californian yeti, but having this paper has made my day, it made me laugh though : the bit about it being illegal to use outside of competition..., brilliant.

Anyway, i will pm you the number..

Martin

Great, Martin - looking forward for that.

redfern1950s":14yqy46q said:
Martin

A load of Pic´s to follow; thought about starting a thread.
And hey - got the original paperwork too. Thought about
getting in contact with the 1st owner mentioned in it. Would
be interesting for sure.

Friendly greetings
IHateRain

Attachments

• large_image12.jpg
    large_image12.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 379

IHateRain":s9xpnr98 said:
Great, Martin - looking forward for that.

redfern1950s":s9xpnr98 said:
Martin

A load of Pic´s to follow; thought about starting a thread.
And hey - got the original paperwork too. Thought about
getting in contact with the 1st owner mentioned in it. Would
be interesting for sure.

Friendly greetings
IHateRain

Hi michael..

Very nice in yellow...,

Just found something else in my many boxes of stuff, the original till receipts, i paid £1020 in aughust 1990 for the frame,forks,ftw stem and headset...
I remember that being an expensive year, just cant believe i still have these papers.

Re:

Ive just been going through my boxes, and have found another old photo. this one was taken in the spring of 91..
Shows the home made shock boots pretty well... the 'cook bros' lizard decal on the top tube is also home made and covers a bad scratch :facepalm:

Sorry its not the best quality photo..

Re:

Just found another old photo...

This Photo was taken out side sharrocks cycleworld eccleston near chorley in 1990, and has got to be the oldest picture i have of it, soon after i changed the xt skewers for the black ringle cam twist skewers that are still fitted today...

When i get chance im going to re-build this bike and fit a set of early manitou and a syncros stem, replicating it as it was back in 92.

Back