1990 Rocky Mountain Blizzard - PAUL SS - Updates PICS

Re: 1990 Rocky Mountain Blizzard.... PAUL - Single Speed Build

Here's some updated pics... Still needs frame repairs and paint... but here's a mockup...

I have always liked PAUL components but never actually gone with any PAUL parts on any builds... so this will be mostly PAUL components...

PAUL Canti front brake
PAUL Racer rear brake (will need a mod...)
PAUL Moon Unit straddles
PAUL Funky Monkey front hanger
PAUL Melvin chain tensioner

I'm not sure about any further PAUL parts...

- seat post is 27.0 so there goes the idea of a tall and hansom seat post (only made in 27.2)... probably just a syncros 27.0 to match the fork
- would like PAUL brake levers but I'm going to go with these for now because I like them a lot...
- I don't care for the PAUL crankset... so I'm going with a black RACE FACE turbine with a black RF chainring...
- I think the PAUL skewers are pretty cool but they have made an odd choice by adding the orange accents... and for the price I can almost pickup a decent set of black ringle holy's... soooo... yea... =)

The fork will get a steer extension soon which will force me to go threadless... so thus the black Ritchey threadless stem...

The wheelset was something I had laying around... rear Bonty SS, front generic... but seem to go... and once I put matching new tires on and match up the rear spacers with a black rear cog they will blend in nicely...

Pics:

Cool! I was thinking about changing one of my Blizzards to single speed too.
I like those Paul brakes, and the rear brake looks like a close fit. I'm curious what is needed to retrofit these to the u-brake posts?
And what kind of levers do you have there?

Blizz":vijw5o8l said:
Cool! I was thinking about changing one of my Blizzards to single speed too.
I like those Paul brakes, and the rear brake looks like a close fit. I'm curious what is needed to retrofit these to the u-brake posts?
And what kind of levers do you have there?

I think that the only issue is that the diameter of a U-Brake boss is a tad smaller than the style of boss the Racer brake is designed for... I will probably have to get a sleeve made up on the lathe...

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Still waiting on some parts... Single speed PAUL wheels in the mail, PAUL funky monkey in the mail...

Moon units arrived =)

New wheels came in... They were more than I wanted to spend but they are perfect...

The front is the exact match, just didn't have another rim tape liner so I couldn't mount the other tire

:D

Attachments

• photo 3.PNG
    photo 3.PNG
    156.3 KB · Views: 833
  • photo 2.PNG
    photo 2.PNG
    135.9 KB · Views: 833
  • photo 4.PNG
    photo 4.PNG
    115.4 KB · Views: 833
  • photo 1.PNG
    photo 1.PNG
    134.2 KB · Views: 833
Re:

Excellent build.

Keep us updated, i'm very interested in the Center Pull brake setup and what it takes to make them work with standard U-brake mounts.

Cool project!

Re: Re:

Mr.Toad":3bq3dlou said:
Excellent build.

Keep us updated, i'm very interested in the Center Pull brake setup and what it takes to make them work with standard U-brake mounts.

Cool project!

Thanks! I have my mechanic booked for a full day coming up... This is one of the first things to get looked at =)

Im guessing all it needs is new busing inserts made that are a little slimmer...

If it's only a matter of that I will get a few extra produced... I'm sure I'm not the first person to want to use these Racer brakes on U-Brake bosses :D

Back