1990 Marin Team Titanium - updated 5th June page 3

A couple of items I forgot.
Araya RM20 NOS Black rims. Lovely!

DSC00208.jpg

Oh, and a little look at my White porc collection.

DSC00206.jpg

I know, I know! See it as my other retirement fund!!!!
How many of you have counted them?

Benandemu":17gdi3i9 said:

I would seriously reconsider those rims if you plan on using the bike. The sidewall is thin, the spokes will pull thru.. etc..

Panza":3tqf40ik said:
Benandemu":3tqf40ik said:

I would seriously reconsider those rims if you plan on using the bike. The sidewall is thin, the spokes will pull thru.. etc..

Surely just use them, and if they die, find something else???

This will look amazing when all together!

This is going to look the mutts, im in the middle of a 92 indian fire trail rebuild which i've had for 11 years and done over 40 thousand miles on. I owe it to my trusty steed and hope to put the build on this forum when its done.

It's at the back of the queue with its brother at the moment.
I will update with some more parts pictures tomorrow.

I know I'm replying to something from a year ago, but...

a smaller version of the usual Magura brake blocks

Them's the original Hydrostop pads. The bigger ones came later.

MikeD":2gpgqudh said:
I know I'm replying to something from a year ago, but...

a smaller version of the usual Magura brake blocks

Them's the original Hydrostop pads. The bigger ones came later.

Nice to see I'm not the only one who trawls through this section! :LOL:

Just a little update on some other bits I've acquired for this project. Im finding it takes a long time as I'm looking for exact parts, rather than build it up with things by chance. I know exactly how I want it to look, which can be a pain!

Anyway, first up is the ActionTec cassette in Titanium of course. It's actually missing a lockring and a spacer. If anyone can help me, then please drop me a line. Lockring must be Black or Silver and made of Aluminium/Ti.

P1000575.jpg

P1000577.jpg

P1000576.jpg

Next up is the NOS Syncros stem. I wanted the one without the cable guide, with a rise, and in 1 inch, NOS and in Black. A tall order, and why things take so long.

P1000567.jpg

P1000569.jpg

Then came the NOS chainring by SR. I remember when SR was all everybody used back then. A hang up from BMX days I think.

P1000572.jpg

Then came the Ritchey forks in 1 inch flavour. Again, very hard to come by these, as they are exactly what I wanted. These came from a forum member, and are in superb condition. The only minor problem is they're a-head, not threaded. But Bill Nickson's in Leyland says he'll thread them down. These weigh in around 800g, which makes them ideal. I think about another 50g will come off when I trim the steerer tube.
I did want Ti forks, but I think I fell in love with the idea after its initial concept. Since then, I have returned to the original Ritchey's. Remember this is the bike I wanted in 1990. That's when the dream started...

P1000578.jpg

P1000581.jpg

P1000580.jpg

Back