1990 Marin Team Titanium

Wow that is going to be very nice!

Do you want to swap your U Brake for a mint (unused/boxed) m733 UII one?

Will it be ready for Roman Lakes on Saturday...?

stop it I almost considered it, I like a challenge

I need to add some paint to the stem before I begin the build and all the bits need to pictured individually before the build :cry:

Frame pictures are now added

the frame has had a light build from benandemu and it may have had minimal from the owner before that, as there are very small marks where cables have left their mark.

One strange thing to note is the rear cable bridge. This has been moved up, as you can see. The only explanation I can come up with for this is that is was too close for the U-brake to function??? builder mistake???

most of the evening today has been spent lacing the wheels, fitting bottom bracket, and headset, along with the forks which needed an inch taking of the threads.

Possibly the cable stop was originally positioned for a U-brake but subsequently moved to accommodate a rollercam, which is rather taller and may have needed more space. That's my best guess, anyway :)

Possibly the cable stop was originally positioned for a U-brake but subsequently moved to accommodate a rollercam, which is rather taller and may have needed more space. That's my best guess, anyway

Could be, I guess we'll get a better idea when I fit the U-brake

The frame looks beautiful! That canti stop does look unusually high though, I guess it will become clear when the brakes are fitted.

So come one, I know your a weight weenie and must gave that excel spreadsheet all filled in, what your predicted weight?

The frame looks beautiful! That canti stop does look unusually high though, I guess it will become clear when the brakes are fitted.

So come one, I know your a weight weenie and must gave that excel spreadsheet all filled in, what your predicted weight?

cheers Gav

I haven't thought of weight too much I'm trying to ween my self off that kind of thing ;) , but it will be a good weight with a sub 4Lb frame and the light Ritchey Fork.

I recognized the weld work. It's not Merlin, and Merlin stopped to work for other brands in 1990.
Like you, I don't understand why the weld the bridg higher. A specific collar would be enough, and less expensive.
Did they cut and welded the bosses too ?
I don't remember U brake on Marin ti : in 1991, Marin prefered classic canti brakes. Only the small 15" sized had U brake posses on seatstays (the hanckles should touch the brakes…).
Perhaps it's a specific order. The weld job of the bridge seems to be don in the litespeed factory (the same style)

Back