1990 Grisley Glacier build

Re: 1990 Grisley Glacier build - Opinions Please!

Yes this bike will definitely be ridden. I agree it could probably do with some bounce to protect the 25 year old bonding! I like the idea of a vector or a LOOK fournales. My original thought was a Mag 21 or an early Marzocchi but now you've got me thinking outside of the box.
Ive been looking for a 3DV Ringle Zooka but am now considering all black to match the wishbone!

Re: 1990 Grisley Glacier build - Opinions Please!

I am a colour match tart. This isn't a high end frame so my spend would reflect that. Colour wise as the front leads to purple blue and black I would use a decent set of manitous. The kit would not be nos but decent 737 or 739 with a little bit of subtle bling, brake boosters, cooks outer rings? Beyond that, clean it, fix it and ride it.

Re:

So I've decided to go all DX as its period correct and the colour matches the bonding well.
I have taken my time to source a lot of the parts and have had some lovely bits turn up recently. Today is recieved a NIB DX seatpost 27.0 330mm and some very tidy Thumbies.

Attachments

• IMG_6921.JPG
    IMG_6921.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 789
  • IMG_6922.JPG
    IMG_6922.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 789
  • IMG_6916.JPG
    IMG_6916.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 789
  • IMG_6917.JPG
    IMG_6917.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 789
Re:

Thanks guys! So up front I've got some nice spinner forks that have been stripped back to bare steel. I plan on getting them sprayed the same black as the wishbone. I was toying with the idea of a colour but I think it would be a mistake.

The bits I still need are a set of DX hubs, preferablynlaced to some nice rims. I'm thinking either an early Mavic or Araya RM20's.
I also need a new headset as I don't have the crown race for the Kooka Kolor, It's quite cheap anyway. I do like the idea of a DX one but I'd need to change the forks to threaded and get a quill stem. I've currently got a blue tioga avenger. I'll get some more pics up shortly!

Nice frame....very fond of the Easton Reflex frames.
I have a Peugeot version.
Interested in your seatpost size. Mine is 26.8mm, I thought the Grisley, Look & Peugeot's were identical. Maybe not. Wouldn't surprise me with the Look Mi90 as this had the Easton E9 carbon wrap tubes.
Anyway cracking colour...The Grisley and Reflex are my favourites for that reason.

Re:

Yes I noticed that the other day. I was sure I measured it as a 27.0 but when I tried fitting it, it was a little bit snug. I need to try and swap it.
I've always liked the Peugeot versions!

Re:

Here are a few more bits.
The forks are decent but actually a bit heavy and that's without the paint. The front mech is incredibly shiny but not perfect, it's a 34.9 band and it works well. I've got a pair of tidy Sakae MTP 126 low fat pedals, I was suprised how light these are. The black and silver only look its really gonna work I think.

Attachments

• IMG_6925.JPG
    IMG_6925.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 699
  • IMG_6926.JPG
    IMG_6926.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 698
  • IMG_6927.JPG
    IMG_6927.JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 698
  • IMG_6941.JPG
    IMG_6941.JPG