1990 Cannondale SM400

Re: Re:

24pouces:10wll525 said:
...The "competition series" (SM700, 800, 1000 and 2000) got a smaller fork rake. Ritchey for SM700 to 1000 and the first edition Pepperoni (which was only called Cannondale Aluminum)...

So I have that sm800 I was telling you about, the '91...

Wondering if the '91 pepperoni will be fine in terms of rake as the a2c seems a-ok

the 800 is an 18.5" (sic* 20")

➡️

Last edited:
:LOL: The passion here is palpable! Glad to hear you both use it! :cool:

This build is coming along, news and pictures as and when there is any of substance!

ibbz":bvcawkp5 said:
very nice - I bought my wife a M800 and I love it more than she does and I ride it more than she does

➡️

Croftykona":10xmslbd said:
Nice. I have a liking of these bikes as I had a M800 Beast of the East which despite the odd rear dropouts was a great bike.

It is! Those dropouts I liked when I saw them as a teenager in 1994 lost the appreciation of them later in life only to return recently after finding this :D

I bought up an 800 (might have already mentioned this in an above thread :LOL:) a couple of weeks ago from an ex MacDonald Raleigh Edinburgh mechanic .

It's too big, so it's going back to the masses shortly. I rode it round the block a few times and it seems to be a sturdy steed!

Which model did you have?

➡️

Very nice find. I bought one from Evans at the Cut in Waterloo mine had Suntour parts but i think there was the option of shimano ones as well.
Mine got stolen from outside the ice rink in Gillingham. BTW mine didnt have the large Evans sticker on it but otherwise looked almost the same.
Would you mind if i copy and use the picture of yours? I am compiling a list of all my old bikes for a blog im writing and dont just want to steel peoples pictures.
Cheers
Phil

Very nice find. I bought one from Evans at the Cut in Waterloo mine had Suntour parts but i think there was the option of shimano ones as well.
Mine got stolen from outside the ice rink in Gillingham. BTW mine didnt have the large Evans sticker on it but otherwise looked almost the same.
Would you mind if i copy and use the picture of yours? I am compiling a list of all my old bikes for a blog im writing and dont just want to steel peoples pictures.
Cheers
Phil
Hey Phil. Go for it. Would be interested to read the blog when it is done. This bike looks nothing like this now. Will be putting air in the tyres this week and grab more pictures for the thread.

Re:

"Extremely squirrley riding on difficult terrain, "

I have the 1988 version in a larger frame size. They are squirreley on any terrain! A fun ride though, and a great platform for a lightweight singlespeed build.
Your words must have stuck here.
Building exactly this with an sm800 at the mo'
And I revisited how to spell sqwurlily-lily.

Latest posts

Back