1990 Alpinestars CroMega DX - SOLD

GT-Steve

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
In 1989 I got myself 3 paper rounds as I'd seen a mountain bike I wanted... An astar cromega DX

At the start of 1990 I'd saved up enough and popped to Butlers cycles in southsea with the £550 asking price in my spiderman wallet :LOL:

4years and hundreds of off-road miles later I buy my first car and sell it to a mate... :oops:

Fast forward 14 years and I find this site.. And then I find a cromega DX for sale viewtopic.php?f=6&t=82565 and the rest is history

Naturally this bike means a lot to me, and as such would like to sell it to an enthusiast. It is now only 90% complete as I sold some parts to a rather ungrateful retrobiker :evil: but this isn't the time or place for that.

Comes with original araya rx7 rims and farmer john tyres, a replacement seatpost as the original went brown, like they do, and a full DX groupset..

Bike is a 19" frame with 18" c-c, suitable for riders 5'10 to 6'4 in my humble

Required to complete -

Brake levers
Chainrings
Saddle
Grips
Handlebars
Pedals

Price wise, no idea what to ask.. Not looking to break it up for parts. So as a stake in the ground I'm gonna say £200, this will include as well the 4 years brochures from 1990,91,92 and 93, the latter of which is signed by Alpinestars rider Tim Davies and kindly donated to me by Mark Sinnett on here (sinnett177) a fellow alpinestar nutcase

Any questions just ask

SOLD £175 collected

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 407
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 407
Re: Re:

brocklanders023":11d59s0p said:
Someone on here has been after one of these for ages! I'll go and find them.

Cheers edd,

If it's the guy I'm thinking of, I contacted him prior to listing it up, and he said it was out of his budget...

As for location, I am based near silverstone in Northamptonshire.

I currently have 2 very interested parties. One of them has dibs for 24hrs then it's a case if first to pay gets it :cool:

Latest posts

Back