199? Ibis Mojo

Cheers guys, it's ok I don't like the manitous much either but just wanted to put something on it!
I work for Southend council- we get bikes that have either been abandoned down the train station or people are getting rid of them fix them up and sell them on for what is basically cost,
Now if i could just decide on forks....

Ibis bliss , thats a beautiful frame fella. Looking forward to see where you go with this :D

Hé Smash Congrats !! :cool:

Are you looking for a period correct build ? Or just real good rig to abuse once and a while ?

For period correctness and cool looks (IMHO), look for a Manitou EFC. I don't know how good thes are, but at least they are not toooo long for the frame geometrie.
BTW, mine gets a M4 in a short while.. :D

If it doesn't matter how period correct it is...hmmm.. maybe an early SID ? But than again I don't know how good these are...

I assume the mechs will be XTR. M960 looks real nice, though I don't know the year of the Shimano stuff (I never was into that... :oops: )

I don't doubt about you using canti's, so which brand will it be ?
Maybe hard to get, but Grafton SCII ?

mvd1974":23kpzubq said:
Hé Smash Congrats !! :cool:

Are you looking for a period correct build ? Or just real good rig to abuse once and a while ?

For period correctness and cool looks (IMHO), look for a Manitou EFC. I don't know how good thes are, but at least they are not toooo long for the frame geometrie.
BTW, mine gets a M4 in a short while.. :D

If it doesn't matter how period correct it is...hmmm.. maybe an early SID ? But than again I don't know how good these are...

I assume the mechs will be XTR. M960 looks real nice, though I don't know the year of the Shimano stuff (I never was into that... :oops: )

I don't doubt about you using canti's, so which brand will it be ?
Maybe hard to get, but Grafton SCII ?

Cheers! I'm not fussed about period correctness too much but it's not going to get anything too new put on it. It is getting XTR and I like the M952 stuff so i'm going to go for that, forks I just don't know I'm getting told SID alot so i'm keeping my eyes open- just want an elastomer free fork really- I like air forks.
At the moment it's getting a pair of DX cantis i think, going to build it and then chop and change as parts/ funds become available!

smashford":3t6357gf said:
...At the moment it's getting a pair of DX cantis i think, going to build it and then chop and change as parts/ funds become available!

:LOL: I know the idea... been handling it for a long time... ending up with lots of stuff and never the right parts...

Though I have to admit, that makes it hobby... and in the end it gets you there... I hope... :?

Post some pics as soon as you have it completed for the first time. Looking forward..

Blue and orange works well, but that 80mm fork is going to mess with your geometry, do you have the spacer to reduce the travel to 63mm?

not that I'm aware of- I have literally thrown them on to see what it looks like, I'm assuming the spacers not one that just needs moving internally?

Back