1989 Saracen Trekker Competition

Re:

Found these in the parts stash. The Miche is the lightest, cleanest and nicest of the bunch, so I think it's going on even though the Kalloys are probably closer to original spec.

Pulled some more tat off of it. The pedals are cheap replacements, and it looks much better without the barends. The more silver bits I remove the more I like the black on black look of it. I'll probably just get some new black Wellgo platform pedals unless anyone has a better idea. Not period correct, but they'll look right I think.

Also umming and ahhing about tyres. Welcome your opinions. Want to use this on trails and the Hurricanes on it now are a poor compromise on and off road...

Very tempted to just shell out for a new set of Panaracer Dart/Smoke tan walls, but on the other hand I am skint, the black on black works and these are cheap: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Schwalbe-Nobby ... B00FOTRCV2

Tell me what you think, guys.

Attachments

• DSCF9535.jpg
    DSCF9535.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 235
Re:

I have some Saracen pedals if you need them? Others too so remind me to look.
Tyres have to be amber walled imo so the smokes are just the job. From John Smith on here?

Re: Re:

brocklanders023":1lzzw2vr said:
I have some Saracen pedals if you need them? Others too so remind me to look.
Tyres have to be amber walled imo so the smokes are just the job. From John Smith on here?

Great re pedals. Will send you a PM to remind at some point if I don't hear back.

Panaracers are for sale on eBay but cost more than I paid for the bike... Not sure about JS on here? :?

Back