1989 Roberts White Spider

Re:

That's nice! I do love the clean lines and looks of an early Roberts. They got progressively fussier over time and lost a certain something but that is pure class. Here's mine, almost exactly the same save for the tubing and the lack of rack mounts:

89588790-CFF8-4C66-9457-F9EC121D3D86-125-00000001B284462C.jpg

If you carefully remove that decal using a hairdryer to soften the old glue first I am certain that a Fat fan would bite your right arm off for it!

amazing......echo the comments on the paint work
the bike looks absolutely mint...but yeah, get that sicker off and it'll be perfect ;-)

That's a bit fecking tasty

Absolutely magnificent bike. Bike of the month material for sure

Have you still got the original wheels, the ones on there are probably great for riding, but would be nice if you had the originals somewhere at the back of the shed.

Just read your post on Sinnermanns Stratos thread, whatever you do, don't let any chap in a bike shop tell you, you need upgrades or modern bits on this!

Quality machine

Re:

Back in the day I can remember reading the mountain biking magazines and seeing these little black and white adverts for the white spider and staring at it as though it was some mythical beast well out of reach.

Just for you :cool:

Attachments

• IMAG0704_zpsm1kiemuu.jpg
    IMAG0704_zpsm1kiemuu.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 693
  • IMAG0705_zps4xdcrs0q.jpg
    IMAG0705_zps4xdcrs0q.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 692
xxnick1975":1orv2yds said:
Have you still got the original wheels, the ones on there are probably great for riding, but would be nice if you had the originals somewhere at the back of the shed.

That's a yes, a no and a kind of.

They are in the hedge 'behind the shed' at the bottom of the garden where they have been for about 20 years. :facepalm:

Re: Re:

player":1uoorkst said:
Just for you :cool:

Excellent! That first add it the one which found me ending up at cycle systems. I'd forgotten how I ended up there at the time and not at Roberts HQ.

Re: Re:

pete_mcc":2cebxlan said:
That's nice! I do love the clean lines and looks of an early Roberts. They got progressively fussier over time and lost a certain something but that is pure class. Here's mine, almost exactly the same save for the tubing and the lack of rack mounts:

Nice ride. :D

One thing about Roberts, I've not seen two bikes that look the same. They all seem to be so individual. A friend of mine bought a MB from them a year after I got mine. I don't think they did the White Spider at that time and he had what I think was called a Genesis in a racing green. Lovely bike but so different from mine.

Back