1989 Orange Formula - pic update

sinnerman":12zdvdsq said:
All sounding good mate, im getting more excited at the outcome than i should i think... :oops:

Who did you decide to do the paint work in the end...? is that still to be done, or is next week FRAME delivery time...?

Yeah I just started to get a bit excited - been long enough now - lets hope it works out OK!

Next week is 'finished'. Paint is as per original down to the fluro orange with a touch of sparkle - stem is going to be Orange. Kevin is sorting the decals and they will be lacquered over......

Going to pick it up and hopefully drop off the next project(s) with him :D

nevadasmith":3ib9uigs said:
sinnerman":3ib9uigs said:
All sounding good mate, im getting more excited at the outcome than i should i think... :oops:

Who did you decide to do the paint work in the end...? is that still to be done, or is next week FRAME delivery time...?

Yeah I just started to get a bit excited - been long enough now - lets hope it works out OK!

Next week is 'finished'. Paint is as per original down to the fluro orange with a touch of sparkle - stem is going to be Orange. Kevin is sorting the decals and they will be lacquered over......

Im buzzing for you mate, its one of those that absolutley needed to be saved.

Have you decided on which one is next in the Q....?

sinnerman":1q3tzk47 said:

Yes - there are two - the DONKIS (got the last bits I needed for it last week) and my own grail bike the '91 GT Cyclone - Kevin is looking up Dupont Imron red for me :cool: but they are whole other threads...

nevadasmith":1h9hqhnw said:
sinnerman":1h9hqhnw said:

Sounds fantastic mate, well done. Can't wait to see it finished.

The waiting must be killing you...

nevadasmith":3u06h529 said:
sinnerman":3u06h529 said:

Yes - there are two - the DONKIS (got the last bits I needed for it last week) and my own grail bike the '91 GT Cyclone - Kevin is looking up Dupont Imron red for me :cool: but they are whole other threads...

Sounds cool mate, have you decided on the choice of paint for the D.O.N.K.I.S N.O.B.....?

sinnerman":nxqc2n3e said:
nevadasmith":nxqc2n3e said:
sinnerman":nxqc2n3e said:

Sounds cool mate, have you decided on the choice of paint for the D.O.N.K.I.S N.O.B.....?

yes - this:

Attachments

• donkis.jpg
    donkis.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 589
That is going to be quite something.

I have a slightly later 853 version and it rides like a dream.

Look forward to meeting up on a ride sometime.

Thanks Dave/Neil :D but back to the business in hand here....... back to the Formula.....

Pics of before the repair:

Attachments

• prep7.JPG
    prep7.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 572
  • prep6.JPG
    prep6.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 572
  • prep5.JPG
    prep5.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 572
  • prep4.JPG