1989 Nigel Dean 531 for sale

mynchiboy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Following an incident involving a clothes rail and one of my more expensive bikes I have decided that 3 complete bikes in my tiny flat is really a bit excessive...Therefore I have decided to list the Nigel Dean for sale :(

Frame measures aroung 19.5 inches centre to top but because of the slack angles fits more like an 18-19 inch (I'm a shade under 6 foot and it fits me fine as pictured). Lugged Reynolds 531 frame and fork as well! Spec is pretty much all original, mostly suntour XCM and X-1 with deore lx cantis with shiny wide profile mavic oxygen and rigida wheels :cool: Note that tyres fitted are now newish specialized hemispheres so it can be used for all purposes: pub, farm track or commuting. As for condition it is well, patina central, it has been well used and looks it, the frame can only be described as erm..aquafaded and is missing a fair bit of paint and I haven't tried moving the seatpost properly yet as it was already my height (!) That said it is pretty much perfect mechanically - I've replaced the cables, cassette and chain and the bearings have all been checked and repacked with grease. Gears currently running 7 speeds with friction but could be returned to indexed 6 speed easily enough. More importantly is is an absolute hoot to ride! It's pretty light and nimble when up to speed considering the parts fitted and it is great for commuting on, being especially fun when kids riding charge dusters look aghast when you blast past them :twisted:

Ideally I would like this to be viewed as a bit of a long term project, rideable but still needing ongoing love! It will look very tidy indeed with a fresh powdercoat and I'll include a set of NOS reynolds frame and fork decals into the deal that I bought for the purpose (frame decals are also still available) Think of it as an 'unusual british made steel thoroughbred' and unlike the titanium dean namesake less likely to be nicked outside Sainsburys in Balham ;)

Yours for 90 quid posted or 75 collected from Central London :)

Attachments

• dean_002_126.jpg
    dean_002_126.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 1,747
How long is the top tube? I'm interested if the top tube is at least 22" and if the Blofeld geezer hasn't bought it already

tonycarrigan":1gfc8lca said:
How long is the top tube? I'm interested if the top tube is at least 22" and if the Blofeld geezer hasn't bought it already

Yep, top tube is around 22" by my measuring.. There's kind of a deal in progress so I'll keep all informed ;)

Back