1989 MS Racing Comp XT, Kent

gflow

Dirt Disciple
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Lovely, but equipped with Mountain LX as opposed to Deore XT as seller is suggesting.
Apologies for x2 messages of pretty much the same thing, with nothing quite making sense or completed! That's old fat thumbs on an iPhone!

Yep Mountain LX and steel frame, so seatpost should come out, worse case is caustic soda which will sadly damage the paint, but if you could get some freezing action on the post it should help remove it... or it might not even be stuck! 🤣 🤞

You can see the Mountain LX bits such as four finger plastic coated levers with thumbshifters mounted direct to them.

Nice bikes these. I don't think the seller is claiming it has XT. The model is called a Comp XT as in Xross-Training, see the chain stay decal. They only made these for a year before MS Racing became Alpine stars. They did another model too that was yellow instead of blue, same frame but higher spec I think.

Nice bikes these. I don't think the seller is claiming it has XT. The model is called a Comp XT as in Xross-Training, see the chain stay decal. They only made these for a year before MS Racing became Alpine stars. They did another model too that was yellow instead of blue, same frame but higher spec I think.
Not in the description, but they have cut & pasted some incorrect text as the last picture:

Love these bikes and correct the higher Spec Alu/steel model (CR2) was yellow.

There were 2 models of the comp XT. This one with mountain LX and a yellow one with XT.

The CR1 was black the CR2 yellow.

This very bike has been on Facebook marketplace for weeks at £120 Ono.

On Friday I tried to strike a deal and they said “no offers”. I said I was willing to pay the full asking price and they read the mssg but never replied. Ghosted!

Then within a day it’s appeared on eBay.

1660576830055.png

What dicks. Obviously now chasing money. It will probably backfire as they will have probably set a high reserve based on you willing to pay £120. With eBay fees and the likelihood of someone willing to bid and collect based on location can't see them making more than they had it on FB. Will probably fail to sell IMHO. Very annoying. I can ask them some stupid questions for you if you want as your name might come up on eBay and they might make the FB connection thinking the big money is gonna' come rolling in!

Back