1989 MS Racing CR1

retroJIM

Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Sorry should have posted to the eBay section. Could a mod move it?

It's not mine! Just thought it was worth posting about.

Nice buy. :cool: Got all the essential bits with original Strong seatpost, rocker stem and handlebars. Plus headset, BB & Sharkfin. Awesome looking machines IMHO. I need to track down one of the Strong seatposts for mine, suspect I'll be looking for quite some time!

Thanks @retroJIM for posting this. I have bought it and will get it built back up with Deore II in due course. Its a better size for me than my CRII so may well get some use. I'm now wondering if I should buy a Comp XT so I have all 4 of the bikes from the 89 lineup. We shall see.
Well done on getting it! I offered too but clearly not enough. I think if you're going to go original spec then the Hardpack tyres will be the toughest find.

Thanks @retroJIM for posting this. I have bought it and will get it built back up with Deore II in due course. Its a better size for me than my CRII so may well get some use. I'm now wondering if I should buy a Comp XT so I have all 4 of the bikes from the 89 lineup. We shall see.
I've seen a Comp XT going for £60 in untouched condition. Looks like a smallish frame though, if you're after a 21"

I've seen a Comp XT going for £60 in untouched condition. Looks like a smallish frame though, if you're after a 21"
Thanks. I've seen that one as well. Just undecided if I should get it or not. I really don't need more bikes but it would be cool to have all 4.

Thanks. I've seen that one as well. Just undecided if I should get it or not. I really don't need more bikes but it would be cool to have all 4.
It is just down the road from me, which is tempting, but it would be one that would be looked at, rather than ridden, and I just don't have the space to do that

Well done on getting it! I offered too but clearly not enough. I think if you're going to go original spec then the Hardpack tyres will be the toughest find.
Tyres are not so bad as I have a set of Hardpacks already :). The biggest challenge I think would be the saddle. If its the same as the saddle on the CRII it's one I've never seen before, I forget what brand it says on it from memory. Personally though I'm not overly bothered about it being 100% correct. I would rather stick an old turbo saddle on, some tan walls, and then use it from time to time without worrying about damaging really hard to find parts.

Back