1989 Mountain Klein Aurora

ez054098":rbeq1x31 said:
Muddy paw":rbeq1x31 said:
That just looks good enough to eat Mike :cool: and i hope your mrs enjoys the ride when she gets a look in that is ;) ..
She saw it yesterday, and I quote, "It's a little bright for me." :LOL:

Looks like I have a new bike. I did take it for a short ride and love it. Her loss, my gain.

Ha ha ! so it's true then that " good things do come to those who wait " :LOL: and i'm glad your happy with how it rides so what you need do now is take it out on a proper trek and enjoy it mate ;) ..

Muddy paw":3fksqjxt said:
ez054098":3fksqjxt said:
Muddy paw":3fksqjxt said:
That just looks good enough to eat Mike :cool: and i hope your mrs enjoys the ride when she gets a look in that is ;) ..

Looks like I have a new bike. I did take it for a short ride and love it. Her loss, my gain.

Ha ha ! so it's true then that " good things do come to those who wait " :LOL: and i'm glad your happy with how it rides so what you need do now is take it out on a proper trek and enjoy it mate ;) ..
Yeah, it hurt a little bit. I'll get over it. ;)

ez054098":1swqzyho said:

Muddy paw":1swqzyho said:
Yeah, it hurt a little bit. I'll get over it. ;)[/quote]

I now you will mate ;) ..

Re:

How did I miss this? :facepalm:

What's the O.L.D on yours? Mine has a "30" stamped on the other dropout and is 130mm, so Mike pegged it as an '88. I've no idea how the Klein alphanumeric system works but I guess if yours is 135mm then you're probably right, it's a '89.

I like what you've done with the MC1. I was thinking of doing the same but I'm going for something else now.

My wife also said the same thing about the colour! The photos don't come anywhere near.

Re: Re:

Swede":7xb42zeo said:
How did I miss this? :facepalm:

What's the O.L.D on yours? Mine has a "30" stamped on the other dropout and is 130mm, so Mike pegged it as an '88. I've no idea how the Klein alphanumeric system works but I guess if yours is 135mm then you're probably right, it's a '89.

I like what you've done with the MC1. I was thinking of doing the same but I'm going for something else now.

My wife also said the same thing about the colour! The photos don't come anywhere near.
My rear spacing is 130mm too. I have XT 6 speed installed. I was thinking about going with a traditional bar and stem, but I don't like the choices that were available. We left the Klein decal off of the MC1 to make it look like it could have been spec in 1989.

Re:

I didn't like the choices either and a black stem just didn't look right with this colour scheme.

Back