Nice build. Congrats.

Friendly greetings
IHateRain

Thank you Sir :D

This Yeti is hot...

yetifro73x.jpg

Re:

Mr Lord of Steel

Nader I love looking at your pictures but the more I look at the one below the more I'm convinced
you've use 6mm SLR brake cable as shifter cable as all the cables look too uniform to me

don't get me wrong it looks aesthetically pleasing.... but I need to know if you've found chunky
gear outter.... or just bent the rules

Viele Grüße

Attachments

• yetifro83.jpg
    yetifro83.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 531
Re: Re:

Retro Spud":21q29e8x said:
Mr Lord of Steel

Nader I love looking at your pictures but the more I look at the one below the more I'm convinced
you've use 6mm SLR brake cable as shifter cable as all the cables look too uniform to me

don't get me wrong it looks aesthetically pleasing.... but I need to know if you've found chunky
gear outter.... or just bent the rules

Viele Grüße
Nick, I'm afraid, I bent the rules ;)

They are all 6mm Jagwire Ripcord Titanium and I think so they look so much more harmonious.

for comparison...

klein104.jpg

yetifro91.jpg

Re: Re:

Nader":253lygup said:
Nick, I'm afraid, I bent the rules ;)

They are all 6mm Jagwire Ripcord Titanium and I think so they look so much more harmonious.

for comparison...

klein104.jpg

yetifro91.jpg

Nader

I've thought about doing this myself, but perhaps I'm to much of a conformist to actually do it,

B.T.W there is a marked difference between the two pictures, and agree the white looks the best

do your shifters work okay ? as there's a reason why brake and gear cable are constructed differently

Re: first trail

Had today a nice trail with Yeti and 've realized that I'm not quite so young anymore :LOL:
and that this damn stem can not be tightened enough! (no matter how hard you screw it)

yetifro97.jpg

yetifro98.jpg

yetifro99.jpg

Re:

Since this Yeti has convinced me, I'll make a few improvements :cool:

First, a suitable stem (made especially for this bike and I think it deserves it. Thank you Frank)

yetifro104.jpg

And because all parts are xt 730, why not the pedals (although I was very pleased with Looks)

yetifro105.jpg

And finally come new Araya RM-17 rims on it ;)

sparkiegaz":bp8b4bs6 said:
great build, great pictures, and even better seeing it out in the woods not hung on the wall,,,proper bike,,,,,
Cheers dude :D It would be such a shame not to ride this bike.

But when I use those wheels then I would think twice before I take it out in the dirt... :cool:

yetifro107.jpg

yetifro108.jpg

Back