1987 Raleigh Centenery Ltd Edition (gold Reynolds R531C)

compared to that last gold plated everything for $12000 or something...i think its alright. maybe a touch more black and bolder decals .i wonder how much to gold plate head lugs and fork crown.i bet its not as expensive as i think.

Bloody love these but there is more than 100 there is in fact 200 that were made as many dealerships kicked off they wanted one in stock that Raleigh had too do a second run before they even finished the first run.

I can remember me and my mates passing the raleigh factory on triumph road one evening, there was one of these on display in the foyer with one of the gold coated bmxs, the door was open and no security in sight, we were very tempted. Would love to see one in the flesh again.

Re:

My LBS, Stows in Slough, has an unridden original on the wall.
I'm there tomorrow if you want me to take any pictures for reference?
Richie

Ah stows in Slough use to spend most Saturdays over there as a youngster. One of my mates had a job in there. I remember that gold one coming in bitd and yes its still there hung near the stairs. Use go from there down the road to Dave Russells for the afternoon :)

I 'believe' there is also one in a bike shop up on the North Norfolk coast as well, it's been there an awful long time.

There was one on eBay before Christmas but it was in very poor shape and didn't attract a bid despite its £300 price tag

Back