1987 Dawes Wildcat

bosphorus

Retro Newbie
Hi All,
Here is my Dawes. When I have bought it, only Dawes head badge was present. After googling, I have found it can be a Dawes Wildcat (its stem is very characteristic), so I have prepared the stickers accordingly. The components match those of original wildcat (Exage mountain groupset). I have never seen a black wildcat, however when I remove the spray paint that was covering it very badly when I have purchased it, I have not seen a yellow color underneath, only a grayish primer coat. I would be very happy to see an original black wildcat, if it really exists.
The Tektro CR720 brakes, PD-M535 SPS's, Brooks B17 saddle, SL-TY31 shifters, Altus front derailleur and a Saiguan rear derailleur replace the original components. Also double walled rims and CST city traveller tires fit flawlessly to my Dawes.
Of course, the frame has been professionally painted by a car painter and some rusted nickel components have been recoated.
A very strong Topeak süper tourist dx rear rack and Polysport mudguards complete the setup.

Although it is nearly 30 years old bike, it still rides very comfortably and nicely. The classic look and relaxed seating position is something you can not find on current bikes. The market has evolved to racing motto, but I like this style the most.

Any comments? Cheers :)

Attachments

• 102_4526_small.jpg
    102_4526_small.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 461
Back