1985 Ritchey Team Comp fillet brazed frame and fork- SOLD

GoldenEraMTB

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
SOLD

1985 Ritchey (Red) Team Comp #0C118
Hand made, fillet brazed frame and fork, by Tom Ritchey

20" frame (center of crank to top of seat tube); fits like a medium/large by today's standards.

more measurements, details, and pics tomorrow.

Have a bunch of other parts to help built this up period correct, but they will be sold separate, and as needed.

Price (I am a bit flexible on price, and will work with you on a complete package of parts for this bike. I was able to gather most parts, except for the dura ace wheelset, and the handle bar which has been spoken for):
$800 usd for frame and fork. Glad to ship overseas, and don't charge extra for it. Shipping within the conti US= $50; shipping international= $75usd Thanks :cool:

Now for the measurements and pics (most pics were taken with flash, so the red color looks a bit faded/washed out- it's not. I included a couple darker photos to depict it's true red color):

Center of crank to top of seat post- 20"
Center of crank to center of top tube near the seat tube- 19.5"
Top Tube- approximately 22.5"

A small Ritchey for 1985 would be a 18", with medium being the 19", followed by medium/large at 20", then it went to a 21" large, and later 22 and 23" XL frames. So this frame falls in the middle of that range, to give you an idea.

The pics of the frame and fork were taken with mavic headset cups and race, but they will be removed before sale, (if buyer wants them, I can include them for no additional charge). The Suntour BB will also be removed, again, unless the buyer wants it, then it will be included.

The frame has no dents or cracks, but it does have scratches, rub marks, some chain wear on the chain stay, and a couple paint chips. No rust inside or out.

okokok, now for the pics:

IMG_0061-3.jpg

IMG_0058-3.jpg

IMG_0002-2.jpg

IMG_0001-3.jpg

IMG_0026-6.jpg

now for some closeups:
IMG_0046-5.jpg

IMG_0041-5.jpg

IMG_0039.jpg

IMG_0037-6.jpg

IMG_0036-7.jpg

IMG_0022-4.jpg

IMG_0020-7.jpg

IMG_0013-4.jpg

IMG_0010-2.jpg

IMG_0008-3.jpg

IMG_0007-1.jpg

IMG_0005-4.jpg

IMG_0004-1.jpg

IMG_0003-3.jpg

This would be perfect for me...
...but I am totally B.R.O.K.E.

- due to buying a kitchen, of all things.
Would much prefer a filleted Ritchey :cry:

Timing is all
:evil:

DM":1yvrfp5t said:

Timing is all

:LOL: a kitchen is not a bad alternative, so ong as good food comes out of it ;)

Thanks for the bump. I'm not in a huge rush to sell it, so you never know; it might still be here, when you are ready.

GoldenEraMTB":jrobfw6e said:
DM":jrobfw6e said:

Timing is all

:LOL: a kitchen is not a bad alternative, so ong as good food comes out of it ;)

Thanks for the bump. I'm not in a huge rush to sell it, so you never know; it might still be here, when you are ready.

I'd take the Ritchey & a BBQ, if I could afford either... :LOL:

kaiser":2xw3yvsq said:
Pics would be nice :D and top tube size!

Hey Klaus! Will have those up tonight; maybe sooner :)
elPedro666":2xw3yvsq said:
GoldenEraMTB":2xw3yvsq said:
DM":2xw3yvsq said:

Timing is all

I'd take the Ritchey & a BBQ, if I could afford either... :LOL:

mmmm, BBQ :D

There is another Ritchey in the works, (better suited to my personality); only reason I'm moving this one :twisted:

kaiser":21niiaiq said:
Pics would be nice :D and top tube size!

Everything is up now. I have a nearly complete build set for this bike; missing only the dura ace wheelset and bullmoose bar, though Rivendell makes an awesome fillet brazed bullmoose bar, as well as a couple others, (firstflight?). The dura ace wheelset; now that's a bit trickier. Though I do have a few nice alternatives.

You know I'm always willing to hook you MacRetro guys up with a good price, so if you're interested, let's talk via pm :)

This goes for most RB members :cool:

Crum":3ddu8kq6 said:
I think I can see where that frame was made from my house... :)

I have a 27" 16:9 ratio 2560x1440 LED computer monitor. It doesn't look all that big on my monitor :p

Glad my photos made it so that you have no doubt as to its origins ;) :)

Back