1983 Joe Breeze Series III "The Breezer"

This is great. Fantastic parts selection, not only the Suntour pedals but those tires also. Awesome start. Curious what handlebars are proper for this build, and do you have them?

Ductape":2pabxy83 said:
This is great. Fantastic parts selection, not only the Suntour pedals but those tires also. Awesome start. Curious what handlebars are proper for this build, and do you have them?

The proper handle bar and the one we have for this build is the Specialized X-1 Handlebar. This is the lighter heat treated aluminum model.

Here are the photos from the auction:

_57-1.jpg

_57-2.jpg

In terms of tires, these stumpjumpers have seen their better day, they are really dry and placeholders for the time being. I am hoping to find a better pair to finish off the build since the finished bike will be so cherry it would be nice to have the tires that do it justice. If anyone here following this thread has a lead on some nicer stumpjumper tires please PM me, I know what they are worth and willing to pay market value for them.

Finding 30 year old tires in good shape can be a bit of a challenge. I found a NOS Uniroyal Nobby for the Champion, rode it once and cracked the heck out of the sidewall. It was a revelation for me. Old tires for the photo shoot and display. Newer tires when riding.

Ductape":15uzrkk1 said:
Finding 30 year old tires in good shape can be a bit of a challenge. I found a NOS Uniroyal Nobby for the Champion, rode it once and cracked the heck out of the sidewall. It was a revelation for me. Old tires for the photo shoot and display. Newer tires when riding.

No doubt about it. The tires would be for show only.... modern tires for the trail.

hollister":2x55x8sm said:
is this yours, or TD's?

This is ours. I am lucky enough to live down the street from TD aka "vintage workshop". We couldn't have a better resource to help ensure this piece of history is done correctly right down to the very smallest detail.

I was born in 1979 and I can't claim to know what was correct in 1983. It has been a valuable history lesson to work closely with TD on this Breezer.

Back