1982 Peugeot PKN10 SOLD

Ajoten

Old School Hero
Had this for sale several months ago but noone bit so I am trying again at a reduced price. Inbetween times I made some component changes to enable me to attempt a couple of categorised climbs in the Vosges, so have got a mixed bag of pics as there's a mixed bag of options now.

What you definitely get is a 1982 Peugeot PKN10 "Routier" racer, 22" or 56cm Reynolds 531 frame depending how you count (that's the seat tube length anyway, top tube 21.5" or 54.5cm) and shiny chrome fork. Wheels are Rigida rims with 1984 Maillard hubs (closest I could get), shod with non-vintage Schwalbe Lugano tyres with less than 300 miles on them. Simplex shifters, front mech and chainset. 100mm stem unbranded but presumably Atax or CTA (both Peugeot brands I believe).

Now for the confusing bit. The first pic above shows the bike as it was a couple of months ago, but since then the rear mech, block, handlebars and levers have been switched to something less authentic than the catalogue spec, as per 2nd pic. But some of the more period-specific alternatives pictured are available:

So the current configuration has a mighty 32 teeth 6 speed Shimano block (must be vaguely correct age if 6 spd surely?), but the original 14-21t can be thrown in. To cope with the wider block I had to change the official rear mech to a longer cage Suntour VX GT.

The levers have changed from the pic and are now 8-spd Shimano 105 which I used because I wanted chunkier hoods, but they are only wired them up for the brakes. The brake calipers were upgraded to the only available dual-pivots I could find with the hex nut fitting (Tektro R359) and have less than 100 miles on the clock. You can have the original Weinmann 405 calipers as well as or instead of if you like.

I also swapped out the handlebars as I like wider ones. The current are 44cm Ekip of 25.4mm diameter (only ones I could find of that size to avoid buying a new stem). The real handlebars are still available, CTA with nice engravings, 40cm c-c. Pieces de resistances here are the ORIGINAL PEUGEOT BAR PLUGS. Blimey. Takes me about a fortnight to lose bar plugs.

There's currently a Charge Spoon saddle installed coz it keeps the retro vibe while being my regular perch of choice, but I'd be happier if you chose to have the catalogue-specified San Marco 313 Corsaire instead. You can only have both if you give me a red or light blue Spoon in exchange.

None of that matters though. Just look at those drilled chain rings!

Collection in person c. Chilterns area or Metropolitan Line stops to London.

So - much as it pains me I'm only looking for £130 with a choice of saddle and handlebars.

EDIT: pedals, saddle bag and bottle not included

Attachments

• bars.jpg
    bars.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 1,161
  • block.png
    block.png
    118.1 KB · Views: 1,161
  • bar.png
    bar.png
    90.6 KB · Views: 1,162
  • brake.jpg