1980's British Eagle Madness

Re:

I quite like it

Had dropbar build left overs that I thought I'd fart around with and rather like the results.

I have lots of spare Suntour to play with too but a bit short on wheels at the moment.

Anyway, for those that are vaguely interested, here you go for now:

Attachments

• british eagle madness.jpg
    british eagle madness.jpg
    269.5 KB · Views: 573
  • more eagle british madnessness.jpg
    more eagle british madnessness.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 573
  • reynolds cs.jpg
    reynolds cs.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 573
Re: Yet More British Eagle Madness

Well I'm interested, I think that's come out just great, love those Di Compe 980's with the white lugged forks! Definitely got a light look to it too with the mavics and turbo saddle. Perfect machine for an arctic cycling expedition :D

Happy new year to all retrobikers by the way!

Dont know yet - have reached an impasse with rim width/ brakes/ tyre clearance

The 'other' Eagle is going to end up as a donor at this rate - wheels are some nice skinny Wolber AT18 which should suit the clearances for this bike. The current Mavic Oxygen fit the smaller Eagle nicely though.

Not much will be period correct but if theres a break in the weather, it should be done soon.

looks great dude, whats it like riding drop bars with ber end shifters? never used them except when fixing bikes for others. do you have to plan shifts a tad more when riding?? the rockhopper may go this way..........................eventually

Depends on how much road riding you do. I find myself reaching for barcons even when they are not there.

Good for long all day rides as multi position bars allow for aches and creaky bits to relax a while.

Front end needs to be quite tall to be comfortable.

Re:

Took it out today. I dont know what I was expecting but got a nice surprise, it rides really well. Tyres are shite and need something in a 1.8 or 1.5 for mud clearance. There will be some hardcore mudguard action too.

Attachments

• british eagle madness.jpg
    british eagle madness.jpg
    269.5 KB · Views: 427
  • phooaaarrrr.jpg
    phooaaarrrr.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 427
  • more eagle than you can handle.jpg
    more eagle than you can handle.jpg
    272.8 KB · Views: 427
Back