1970's Carlton build.

Picking up a new wheelset tonight for the carlton.

Just the 700c wheels off a fuji track, they have been recently rebuilt with new spokes in our local track/racing shop (dave kane cycles) so should be dead on for a bit of commuting. Pics to follow in morning.

5206514498_5349343251.jpg

Picked up the fuji track wheels last night, they have been respoked with decent spokes and were rebuilt by a good LBS so they'll do for now.

still loads to do.

p.s that blue tyre is coming straight off lol

That looks great. It's really tricky to modernise the look of something old rather than just restore it as built, but you're doing a great job there. Those Fuji wheels look lovely - the black rims match the black and white frame and decals perfectly.

yeah the build just seemed to take that direction once id sprayed it just wasnt feeling the vintage kit on it.

black tyres and grey 105 brakes will look the job.

loads to do though still, I reckon early jan should have me sorted.

My bike! Pretty much :LOL: Keep up the good work, i have a feeling mine will turn out very similar :S Keep an eye out for my thread!

In the painting pics, it appears you didn't remove the BB. Was it stuck? Wouldn't you usually remove this prior to painting? Are you just going to replace the BB afterward?

It's an old cottered bottom bracket, basically if its removed your looking at a new BB. I found a really nice ofmega cottered crank as well, so decided to keep it for now. It's running pretty smoth too.

It was sprayed rather than powdercoated so you dont really need to remove it the same way as its not being oven baked. Its only really over spray on the bb as well and doesent effect its runningf in anyway.

schwalbe%20lug%20dwi.jpg

I know they are a bit fixie skidderish but I reckon they will look great with the black and white frame.

Just bought a set of these and a 1/8" chain, sold a wee folding bike I restored there off gumtree, so using cash to finish off carlton.

once tyres arrive I'm going to finally sort out where im doing brake wise.

but thats pretty much everything bought bar brake levers, which is nice lol

1970s Carlton build

nice car, and nice build thread. ill be keeping an eye on this thread as your doing everything i want to do to mine, but cant afford to that way i can see what mine could be like

Back