1970's Atala

great ones ! see why you need the 25mm tyres :) i like your chainset/saddle/brake levers polished up
ok.thanks.

What a lovely bike and great project. Love the pic on the "strade bianche". Great project!

And remember folks: Atala is the ONLY bike brand that every wins the Giro!

It was back in 1912 (most of us will remember :mrgreen: ) when the Giro was raced as TEAM's and not as individual riders. Team Atala take the victory. It was a one time choice of the organization (Gazzetta dello Sport).

In 1908 Atala started with a team of pro riders.
In 1989 it was the last year Atala enter the pro rider competition

Atala team's mostly us a co-sponsors like Pirelli, Dunlop and Continental (all tires) but also Ofmega and Campagnolo (components)

The classic original Atala jersey is grey with blue but the most famous is the "prison" jersey wit the grey/blue stripes :cool:

A very long period in history of cycling and a very interesting brand.

I don't know how I missed this build, usually if I see anything like 1970s in the title I'm straight in there :)

A brilliant result and good to see you kept it original 10 outta 10 :)

Thanks everyone - glad you like the bike. Thanks Gastheerg for the Atala back ground story. You may be interested in watching an Italian doco about the early history of the Giro on: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3LkauweI38 Problem my Italian is abit rusty but there's some great early footage of the race.
I must admit it was hard doing research on my particular Atala as there isn't that much info on their older range of bikes.

Latest posts

Back