1961 Claud Butler Super Coureur #9081 (Entente cordiale)

allenh":2gaju1xa said:
Now that is pretty and suitably shiny.

A fitting completion for all that hard work, colouring in and polishing

Cheers Allen, I’ve got to give Legrandfromage’s crayons back now! :facepalm:

Last edited:
Last edited:
Jamiedyer":hml36fzj said:
Absolutely Stunning!

Jamie

Cheers Jamie, me & Jim are going to try her out tomorrow on our 8 mile training loop, really looking forward to it.

Me and the lad went for a shake down run this afternoon..... All I can say is, if you think this bike looks good, you should ride it! :cool:
I think I’ve found my frame… so comfortable, no lower back ache no stretching my arms out and steering with my finger tips (usually exercise when the back starts playing up)

And the Hurret derailleurs front and back worked sooooo smoothly, an absolute pleasure to ride. :D

Only problem now is I did tell the wife this one would go up for sale…….. 🤦 she’ll get over it.. I hope! :shock: sixties mania.jpeg

Last edited:
Glad the ride lived up to the expectation of the build. Soooooo so satisfying! Although not in your league my old Carlton rides beautifully it always has and the rebuild/ refurb has just made the old pair of slippers into fur lined ones. Let’s hope your wife lets you keep what may turn out to be your favourite. Well done!

PeachyPM":12srferv said:
Only problem now is I did tell the wife this one would go up for sale…….. :facepalm: she’ll get over it.. I hope! :shock:
I say that with every one I finish and she just gives me that knowing look as the vast majority are still hanging up in the garage.

I know what you mean about finding one that fits though, I bought a modern quite high spec B'Twin with an Alloy/Carbon mix frame, nice Mavic Aksium rims and 10 speed 105 throughout recently to use as a commuter and I hate it, it's uncomfortable and everything aches after a very short distance, but I picked up an old steel Mercian frame the other week that I quickly assembled with spare bits just to check it before getting it ready for restoration and took it out for a ride yesterday it's absolutely fine, a joy to ride in comparison.

Its also a bonus when the one that fits you looks so pretty but are you going to resist the urge to tinker with it? Or are you going to leave it just as it is?

Lackluster":1zf78ne0 said:
Let’s hope your wife lets you keep what may turn out to be your favourite. Well done!

Cheers Rob,
The wife shouldn’t be too much of a problem, I'll just buy her another pair of garden secateurs as I noticed she’s dropped the ones she got for Christmas :xmas-wink: in the water butt but hasn’t been brave enough to tell me……

allenh":3jvhvvwl said:
Its also a bonus when the one that fits you looks so pretty but are you going to resist the urge to tinker with it? Or are you going to leave it just as it is?

Blue leather Brooks B17 incoming, slightly taller seat post possibly, but that’s about it. Oh, and some larger clips, the ones on it are Jim's mediums from his Electron and are just a little too small for my size twelves!

Also, I think it might replace my Majestic as my regular ride. So I'm thinking I could dress the Maj as a tourer with mudgaurds and a rack giving me an excuse/reason/job to keep both.

Back