1951 Raleigh Lenton Sports

Re: Re:

skylark":rsbbafe2 said:
... any thoughts about whether its right for the bike?

Don’t know, but it looks like it will make it go faster! :D

Attachments

• 0353926A-D85D-42AD-880A-F34D0CE6389A.jpeg
    0353926A-D85D-42AD-880A-F34D0CE6389A.jpeg
    41.4 KB · Views: 435
Hi Jack no worries about the bolts/nuts for the mudguard stays on your bike - I've got an original set 3 or 4 lying about somewhere in the shed off that '52 Lenton I broke up a few years back - I'll dig them out and send them on....
Re your pride, that should sort given time...
Re the rear light, the pic shows the later type from circa 1954 onwards. I'm now going to try to upload my 1st pic to Retrobike of the correct rear light for your '50 Lenton - wish me luck!

Attachments

• rear light1..JPG
    rear light1..JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 419
Craigmount":3fgi15gt said:
Hi Jack no worries about the bolts/nuts for the mudguard stays on your bike - I've got an original set 3 or 4 lying about somewhere in the shed off that '52 Lenton I broke up a few years back - I'll dig them out and send them on....
Re your pride, that should sort given time...
Re the rear light, the pic shows the later type from circa 1954 onwards. I'm now going to try to upload my 1st pic to Retrobike of the correct rear light for your '50 Lenton - wish me luck!

Success! Congrats and thanks. I know what to look for now.

I much appreciate your kind offer of sending the mudguard stay fixings. Do let me know what you'd like for them :)

No worries. Most Lentons & Trents from the '50's used V stays rather than single stays (but not all !)
I'll send off the bolts/nuts on Monday.

Re:

Finally back in the saddle after a few weeks away after falling off. Still a bit to do to get it fully serviceable including the Reynolds Elite chain, rear lamp and mudguard stays (still!). Thanks Craigmount for the nuts and bolts, they fitted a treat and the mudguards are rattle free!

I'm not sure what to do with it now... or when the winter sets in! I can't decide whether to leave as it is (it rides lovely) or to attempt some level of resto/refurb.

The History Man":jgiysinz said:
You should pass it on to the other bidder.

Haha, you are nothing if not consistent, sir!

For interest I've attempted to add a photo whilst out and about on an "early" morning ride. I love this view of the Abbey at Elstow, just south of Bedford. Perhaps my favourite thing though is the Festival of Britain logo on the village sign, the same year as the Lenton ;)

Attachments

• Lenton Elstow 2.jpg
    Lenton Elstow 2.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 255
Re: Re:

skylark":3k5u6wg6 said:
I'm not sure what to do with it now... or when the winter sets in! I can't decide whether to leave as it is (it rides lovely) or to attempt some level of resto/refurb.

Mark it up... push it on, he might just pay a pretty penny! :twisted:

Back