19" kona hei hei sells for a steal ,new + unused

:oops:
Well ,like my old Dad would say-'if your going to make an arse of it, better make a right arse of it
Glad now ,i had this in my watching section ,right next to some stuff that's ended,i thought it too had finished ,just checked and its right before the ended stuff,so i kinda panicked,sorry every1, for raising a few heartbeats
At least every1 now knows
And thanks for the heads up on is it isn't it ,i'd hate to snipe it only to be disappointed and be told it isn't

says its a sample frame,no reason to doubt the guy,he has great feedback and sells lots of quality frames,may have been a shop owner in the past?

ti

the rear dropouts look very similar to pics i saw of the elusive 2007 ti kona hardtail

Re: ti

haggis":71wz77xu said:
the rear dropouts look very similar to pics i saw of the elusive 2007 ti kona hardtail
Yes, my impression was that he was talking about one of the frames from the batch that either never got built, or never left Russia, depending on who you listen to. If it was a Sandvic frame, surely it would have bullet-ended stays? On the other hand, he says it is a Hei Hei, but the Russian frames were going to be called King Kahunas, because Kona had already reassigned the name Hei Hei to the FS race bikes.

Without decals on it, and with Kona possibly never having officially sold them, I wonder whether it can have the normal Kona lifetime warranty?

It may be a very good frame, but everything about them was shrouded in so much mystery that I can't see how you could be confident of the quality? After all, who built it, and exactly why was it that they were never put on sale? Plenty of people ordered one apparently.

I'm sure when I saw a picture of the new Kona Ti it had some sort of funky design feature. Can't remember exactly what, perhaps a fancy dropout or chainstay bridge, but I know it got adverse comments

Only mentioning it because this frame hasn't got anything like that which leads me to believe it isn't that new Ti frame from Kona.

Huntso":38nggvk4 said:
I'm sure when I saw a picture of the new Kona Ti it had some sort of funky design feature. Can't remember exactly what, perhaps a fancy dropout or chainstay bridge, but I know it got adverse comments
Only mentioning it because this frame hasn't got anything like that which leads me to believe it isn't that new Ti frame from Kona.
No, you're absolutely right Rich, but it's similar in some other respects, and his description didn't seem to make sense otherwise.

Attachments

• 2007 King Kahuna frame.jpg
    2007 King Kahuna frame.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 877
Thank you Anthony, so it was the Chainstays, but can see the other similarities.
Perhaps it was an early prototype then

Did this ever see production?

without knowing where it was made, how do we know the grade of titanium used... and without that, how safe is it to buy without a replaceable rear mech hanger?

Call me an idiot, but has anyone thought of asking him? If he has connections with Kona, then surely he can provide some details about this frame as to what it is (i.e., 2007 model, prototype, etc.)

Back