18k on a broken leg!

I got an eyelash stuck under my contact lens and still build a colleague's VIKING this morning. I feel dirty.

TGR":2mpmn3oh said:
Evening all,

There was a pic of the broken bike but it was hard to say which bike it was as there may have been a spare bike around. Also, on the ITV commentary there was mention that Contador had stated he hit a stone of hole which caused the fall. Nothing got mentioned for definite today.

I respect him for getting back on and thinking his team mates but there is always a nagging suspicion re the drugs and his press profile. Good on him for getting on. I agree about the footballers!

Does anyone know who rode in the Tour with a broken collarbone and used an inner tube tied to the bars and gripped it with their teeth to ride instead of using the bad arm?

Richard
Phil Anderson rode on through the mountains for several stages nursing a broken collar bone while in yellow back in the 80's. Hero!

Didn't Hinault finish (and win) a tour with a broken nose?

Contador quite often has his race number on his spare bike too, I don't think there's any sort of conspiracy theory as to how the bike broke - just a lot of confusion and different versions of events that no-one has pieced together into one definite story yet.

back on topic - footballers are all a bunch of pu55ys! And Contador is a really nice bloke in person. I'm not sure about the beef thing - but then again stranger things have happened. I for one am a fan - he's not one for sitting back and waiting for others to do the racing. I think it was the 2012 vuelta where he took them all on during one of the last "transitional" stages and took overall victory with a great ride. Too many others would have been content to sit in the bunch and settle for 2nd, 3rd,4th...

He certainly showed his mettle. I certainly beleive the accounts of those in the peleton, that he hit a hole while reaching into his pocket and his hand came off the bars and over he went, somewhere between 60 and 80 kilometres an hour. As some mentioned, he did well just to get up.
I dont see why there would be a conspiracy or lies about the frame being damaged on the car. It should also be remembered that Specialized is a personal sponsor of Alberto, he brought them to the team, and so I dont think he would shout about a frame breaking anyway.

Jamie

Re:

Tyler Hamilton was in so much pain with his broken collarbone that he ground his wisdom teeth to nothing.

Re: Re:

Johnsqual":1xzsvnph said:
Fiorenzo Magni? May have got the spelling wrong, tried to do it without checking google :cool:

A belated contribution - by coincidence I found a great pic of Magni battling on through his injuries:

Magni-tube.jpg

David

Re:

The photo of Magni has to be one of the greatest sports photos ever. A real story behind it that draws you in to wonder what he's doing. And the grim determination on his face...

Back