18" 1989 Muddyfox Courier Comp - U Brake

drcarlos

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Up for sale is my 1989 Muddyfox Courier Comp put this together with a solid frame that is the smaller 18" c-c not the usual gate (fits me well at 5' 10"), with the rarer chainstay u-brake. Condition is good for the year with a bit of missing paint here and there (chainstay and top of wishbone are the worst and the chainstay is covered with a protector), but a lot better than some 1989 bikes I have seen and it's very presentable and rideable but no show winner.
Groupset is a full 1989 Mountain LX setup (not the usual mix with Exage country and other cheap parts), including good condition Biopace HP rings, silver HG70 cassette and an LX hub/Araya rim combo, the groupset is immaculate with only minor usage. BB is a new UN24 sealed cartridge unit, cables are all Jagwire and new.
Only things not included from the picture will be the Griptrax tyres as they belong with my Sorcerer and not this bike (there will be a set of decent Maxxis ignitors in their place) and the WTB Saddle (Bike is currently fitted with a Muddyfox branded Viscount which will be included. Price wise I'm after £80 collected or £105 shipped.

DSC04431_zpsc6543a1f.jpg

Build thread and pictures are here:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... p;start=10

This bike rides really well and is nicely proportioned (not too up right and not too stretched out) from what is probably the best Muddyfox year.

Sad to see this go but I have the Prestige Comp and Sorcerer Mega and only limited space.

Payment is via paypal gift or with buyer paying the fees.

Back