17" RekTek Titanium

Re:

Roy, it was a small frame and if i'm not mistaken probably the same size as this one. No decals though and it was a bit beat up. But nonetheless a beautiful bike. As for Banshee.....I'm still a stickler for era specific components. I thought the XTR was a bit too new. But I love it anyways! Nice work!!

Re:

Been debating on changing the RekTek up a bit and putting this on but don't really want to take of the Race Face Ti-Beam stem and Syncros titanium handlebars, but the Dekerf titanium handlebar stem/combo is so cool, might be a winter project when I have some time.

Really have four options:

1. Swap out the Race Face Ti-Beam stem and Syncros titanium handlebar for the Dekerf combo. I don't really want to because I like the look of it now with the matching Syncros titanium seatpost and handlebar.
2. Put the Dekerf combo on the Rocky Mountain Titanium. I don't really want to do this because I would have to get rid of the Syncros forks and stem and I like the white and black Syncros parts and match perfectly with the rest of the bike.
3. Look for a Dekerf mountain bike and build up another bike, don't really need another bike and they are hard to find in good condition.
4. Just sell the Dekerf combo and let someone else enjoy it, been sitting in the toolbox long enough!!

Just curious to see what you fellow Retrobikers think I should do???

Attachments

• IMG_3568 Resize.jpg
    IMG_3568 Resize.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 457
  • IMG_3567 Resize.jpg
    IMG_3567 Resize.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 454
  • IMG_3565 Resize.jpg
    IMG_3565 Resize.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 453
  • IMG_3564 Resize.jpg
    IMG_3564 Resize.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 446
  • IMG_3563 Resize.jpg
    IMG_3563 Resize.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 446
  • IMG_3562 Resize.jpg
    IMG_3562 Resize.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 450
Re:

Just keep it if you can't decide. You'll regret it if you sell it.
They are hard to come by. Or expensive to buy new.
The day will come when you can use it.

If you choose not to follow Roy's sage advice, I have a DeKerf project in the works that could really use that bar/stem combo. Lots to trade; I have a seatpost in the same titanium finish as your frame, for starters. And a really nice Syncros hubbed wheelset... :)

IMG_0323 by shamalama88, on Flickr

Hi Shamobius,
I was just reading this thread and I saw your last post from 5 years back and see that you had a nice Syncros hubbed wheelset that you were willing to trade or offer-up. I’m just building up a RM and was looking for these. Are you still willing to part with the hubbed wheelset if you still have them?
Thanks in advance!
Kyle…

Hi Shamobius,
I was just reading this thread and I saw your last post from 5 years back and see that you had a nice Syncros hubbed wheelset that you were willing to trade or offer-up. I’m just building up a RM and was looking for these. Are you still willing to part with the hubbed wheelset if you still have them?
Thanks in advance!
Kyle…
Good question lol it was a while ago! I will have to check my stash... :)

Back