Wanted 16 hole silver rim

jimfrandisco

Dirt Disciple
Looking to build up a 16hole dura-ace front hub onto a silver rim, but struggling to find suitable rim. If anyone has a suitable rim with plenty of life or can point me at a new rim, that would be much appreciated. Cheers

Guessing youll be looking at mavic cosmic 501’s or 1st gen or Campagnolo shamals, ventos in silver 1st or 2nd gen if you are after deep section?
Good luck on your search

That would be just the job - although would you want to dismantle a perfectly good wheel? There's the similar rim on SJS so perhaps I should just get that. Not sure there's any difference between the RS21 and RS20 rims themselves?
Thanks Jim

In truth I don't use that wheel - box section rims for me. You can have the wheel for £20 but there's postage on top. If you're near Newport S Wales then it would work for you I guess.

Thanks. Unfortunately I'm nearer the other end of the M4 so it would need to be posted. If you're happy with the hassle of dismantling and posting then I'm happy to pay.. cheers

Thanks. Unfortunately I'm nearer the other end of the M4 so it would need to be posted. If you're happy with the hassle of dismantling and posting then I'm happy to pay.. cheers
Obviously assuming plenty of life left in rim of course, but I'm sure you'd not be selling if there wasn't!

Actually a measurement with a steel rule shows about approx 0.5 mm wear. So for long life and assurance I’d personally buy that SJS rim before it goes

Back