Wanted 11sp xtr mech and shifter, poss 12sp

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I have 11sp xt for a build, but I'm kind of hankering for xtr if I can afford it. Budget for build is well and truly blown already, but has resulted in me thinking, in for a penny....plus while I've not had 12x before, now could be the time, though I suspect it may mean I need to think about modifying the rear freehub on my wheels.

So, xtr 11sp is preferred, but would consider 12sp xt or xtr, though would need a cassette and chain, plus advice on whether I can use my current freehub, a formula, or if not, what I'd need to be able to run a 12so cassette on the hub.

For info Ian,
Sram lower end (SX/nx.. think it’s called a pg1230) 12speed cassettes ironically are designed for to work on shimano HG freehubs. Rather than sram drive or shimano
Microdrive. Not ideal for a bling build but does save loosing good wheels just because you don’t have sram drive or Microdrive.

I’d go GX AXS before I’d go XTR 12 spd.

It’s cheap now and worlds apart and once you’ve got wireless you’ll wonder why you didn’t sooner.

When you say cheap, it's nearly £400.

XTR mech and shifter is £160+ £80 and if using their 12 spd cassette you’ve got the cost of the hub or conversion to micro spine.

GX can be had for £360 online.

My XX1 AXS was a whole lot more and apart from weight and the cool cassette is the same in function.

I Might be selling my 12 speed XTR, shifter, mech and cassette if of interest Ian

What wheels to you have? I have a microspline hub body for Hope Pro4 hubs available too 👍🏻

Back