10spd Xenon for less than a round of drinks

legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Yes, I know, campagnolo Xenon is bottom of the food chain but I couldn't resist...!

10spd!

Now, considering it is just about original, that stem is ridiculously long and the chain line is just awful! But it's still 10spd. And it's campagnolo so really exotic!

Yeah!

16907804569806909336819585203280.jpg

Last edited:
I'm hoping that drinks are expensive round you way because if that's the price of drinks for 5 round here you've got yourself a bargain. the whole thing is a bit bottom of the range, but as a package it equates to a lot of bike for not a lot of money. happy riding.

Having ridden Record and Super Record back in the dim and distant days of my youth and Record Titanium on my Colnago, I expected budget (i.e. poor) performance from the used Xenon 9-speed kit that I put on my lockdown project. Couldn't have been more wrong, it was (and still is) quite impressive. Even though it's a short cage mech with judicious tuning of chain length it's quite happy exceeding the advised 26t sprocket maximum. The only thing that irks me a little is that rear mech upshifts (large to small) are one cog at a time rather than the multiple changes I'm used to with the Record Ti.

I wouldn't be able to have a road bike around here
I'm hoping that drinks are expensive round you way because if that's the price of drinks for 5 round here you've got yourself a bargain. the whole thing is a bit bottom of the range, but as a package it equates to a lot of bike for not a lot of money. happy riding.
depends how many people are in your group
🤭
haha edit you said 5

Back