001 Serial Number '87 Scott

MSYT

Retro Guru
Hey all.

Thought I'd try this here... maybe someone has recognition of this era of Scott? I've tried contacting Scott themselves through various methods but only one replied and couldn't help.

So... I picked up this bike back in 2018 I think. It. Was. A. Mess. It's one of those bikes that I really wanted to get done and then gradually destroyed my will power so it's been sat on the shelf for years. It was pretty much an original bike, with only the crankset and rear wheel being changed. It had been owned and used by the same person since the early 90s, up in the Peak District, through all weather so naturally the seatpost was stuck... as was the bottom bracket and headset/stem. The seatpost was the biggest fight though and still hasn't properly been defeated with Caustic Soda...

I'm rambling though. The interesting thing about this bike is it's in a colour scheme I've never seen before through any searches and the serial number seems to point to it being the first....

OH 001

I was wondering if anyone recognises anything about the bike / model / or could possibly identify anything to say why this serial number is like that?

I've done a bit of research in to the US / Canada Ski Team decals which seem to have appeared on a few Scotts of that time. The World Cup decal though is a bit different. It reads World Cup Champions 1986/87. The trophies themselves look like those presented in the Ski World Cup. I think I looked back in to that and the Ski World Cup Champions in those years were Switzerland so not sure how that links to the US/Canada Team. If it was an '88 bike then it could be something to do with the Calgary Winter Olympics... I'm stumped.

I'll get round to finishing it eventually but it would be really interesting to find out exactly where it came from.

Attachments

• Scott4.jpg
    Scott4.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Scott3.jpg
    Scott3.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Scott2.jpg
    Scott2.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 15
  • Scott1.jpg
    Scott1.jpg