£10 skip find - Kona Lava Dome 1997 - finished build photos

:oops: I can't seem to get it to work and it is stressing me right out :evil:

Thanks for saving me my embarrassment. I have some other close up pictures as well once I can find a machine which seems to like the link!

DSC02094.jpg

Good choice on junking those suntour forks :D

Get some cantis on there, man - it's wrong, just wrong leaving that rear canti hanger to languish in loneliness.

I now have the ability to post photos (thanks John) so here are some "before" photos :D

DSC02097.jpg

DSC02092.jpg

DSC02095.jpg

DSC02096.jpg

I have actually built the bike up now, going to take some photos this week and then post them up. Managed to get some nice period pieces of kit for cheap cheap prices, mostly from my great lbs, such as titanium railed saddle, stx front mech etc.

Will post the photos in the next few days but here it is in its neglected glory when I picked it up.

very nice find good look with you're build ;)
along with the gt team scream this is my favourite colour bike ever :cool: :cool:

mrlee":226zsvdv said:
very nice find good look with you're build ;)
along with the gt team scream this is my favourite colour bike ever :cool: :cool:

Cheers mrlee :D
The photos don't do it justice really (the paint that is not the bike).
It's tidied up a treat think you'll like it. Wasn't going to respray it as a bike which shows a few scars isn't a bad thing and the decals are in good nick :)

great find

amazing how people can throw out such a cool bike. I'll be building up my slightly older Lava Dome (which was sort of a shed find - found it neglected in my sister's shed 15 years after I gave it to her husband) - so I'll be keeping tabs on your progress.

Back