GT STS 1000 Done? maybe, beautiful? definitly.

stauqmuk

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
just finished it up. Though 'finished' is a relative term for guys like me (and I'm sure some of you) I still need a stem maybe Nuke Proof or Kore and may end up changing the brake arms but for the most part the bike is as it should be.

GT STS-1000 front triangle
GT LTS-1 red anodized rear "triangle"
Marzocchi Bomber Z2 fork
HED Jet CX wheelset
GT Hadley hubs ano red
Kooka cranks
Shimano DX 535 pedals
XTR M952 shifters, brakes and derailleurs
Chris King headset
Astro Pro bar
Avid V-chip levers
DKG brake booster
and a Ringle H2o for good measure

Whaddya think?

Attachments

• sts-1000 full.jpg
    sts-1000 full.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 4,037
  • sts-1000 rear wheel.jpg
    sts-1000 rear wheel.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 4,037
  • sts-1000 from the back.jpg
    sts-1000 from the back.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 4,037
  • sts-1000 snow.jpg
    sts-1000 snow.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 4,037
Mudguards off, lower longer stem and flat bars on, get some decals on then it will be finished ;)

nice looking build indeed. RF or Kore stem would look good.
'best in show' pic would look better with decals and no mudguards.

Those mudguards are more offensive to the eyes than any crap that may be thrown into them if you took them off. :LOL:

The STS is the only GT I have ever had the hots for, I think I would keep my silver & black though...but I am a minimalist.

Love it.
I agree about the mud guards and if it were my bike i would use red DMR v8 pedles and a set of red rockshox maybe the old DH's.
Because of its year and what it was made for i think the bars and stem are fine

Mud guards really really need to go man. IMHO spoils the look of the bike.

Like the way you combined the LTS rear on there, any mods required on that to 'make' it fit or was it a straight bolt on?

Definitely need some decals on there Gil_m can now do you a set. Perhaps a tad less Red and a bit more minimalistic perhaps. Might be difficult to achieve with the anodised rear end. I think that front mud guard may be the major problem aesthetically. Would love to see a pic of this bike without either of the mud guards on

What travel on those Z2's 80 or 100? Would prefer to see some 100mm travel Z1's

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder though and it is your bike :cool: so all that is important is that you ride it and enjoy it.

Well I think your all mostly right. The fenders do kill the look but they work so well keeping me dry when I go for snow rides. As for the decals I always hated the look of the STS logos and putting anything else on there would be sacrilege so phantom is how Ive always ridden my small fleet of STS's. I'll get some new pictures up when I take it out next.

@Gadro: the Z2 is only 65mm both too short and too soft for my liking. I'm working on swapping the internals from my 110mm Z1s but I'm not sure it'll work out. Really the only reason I swapped them out was the hubs. The Z1 is QR20 and the new red Hadley/GT hub is regular QR so that was an easy decision.

Back