parkpre pro elite retro/modern build - FINISHED!!! pics p2

foz

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I don't normally do build threads as I hardly have time for riding, let alone building or documenting a build, but I've been trying to get around to this one for ages, and maybe a thread will finally get me to do it!

Apologies in advance - it won't be a strictly 100% retro build. I've had the frame for years, no prizes for guessing what it is :)

frame weight is 1549g, which includes canti bosses, BB cable guide and 4 bottle cage bolts

DSCN9647_zps9986485d.jpg

the first thing I need to get round to is installing my 2003 hope enduro headset and head doctor. The alloy part of the crown race is cracked but I'm going to risk it (the actual steel race is OK)

DSCN9648_zpsace0eb3f.jpg

yep :D

and you might be the only retrobiker to get to see it in the ti - I didn't know there was another RBer here in Valencia!

quite close to the city, yes. We might be able to organise a RB ride at some point! There are a few more RBers in Spain, but none that I know if in Valencia.

Andy

I pressed the headset cups in and installed the BB this afternoon. The BB is a UN51 from BITD, still going strong so I might as well keep using it!

Re: parkpre pro elite retro/modern rebuild

foz":34vxknjy said:
I don't normally do build threads as I hardly have time for riding..
but this is the essence behind the forum ;) ...give and take!
A parkpre with the old and new parts I can imagine quite well. :D

I've now got some wheelbuilding to do!

my old 217 sunsets, a bontrager disc hub, XT-M760 rear, and some plain gauge black spokes from my LBS

Attachments

• DSCN9666.JPG
    DSCN9666.JPG
    199.9 KB · Views: 2,813
Back