2002 Kona Scab - 1st ride pics 29/1/12

Rumble

MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Work in progress here... saw the NOS frames on chainreactioncycles and couldn't resist. I've got pretty much everything I need to build it up aleady. Plan is singlespeed, 24" wheels, kind of like a big BMX with suspension for a few jumps and fooling around!

Out of the box
DSC00354-1.jpg

Unpacked
DSC00356-1.jpg

BB, headset and forks
DSC00357-1.jpg

Mock-up with wheels
DSC00359-1.jpg

Hoping to get this finished over the rest of this month.

could you do me a massive massive favour? (if you can find time, don't mind the hassle etc etc)

could you photo the top of the kona spot decal on the top tube, and the bottom of the same decal on the down tube?

would be eternally grateful.

ta :cool:

Rumble":gkpetel3 said:
Yeah, love it! Weighs 1.5kg though! I'll be interested to see what it rides like.

Did you have a SpaceHopper when you were a bairn?? ;) :LOL:

3" tyres are great fun, just a git to get uphill!!
Lol

i like that, dont see many around these days... i used to own one years back. i remember it being a bit on the weighty side though. my friends at the time named it 'the tank'

Attachments

• the tank.jpg
    the tank.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 3,979
Yeah, it's not going to be light - the 2002 catalogue proudly boasts the weight as 30lbs, and that's with rigid forks not bombers and without the 3" tyre!

Rumble":2rwkwi4v said:
Yeah, it's not going to be light - the 2002 catalogue proudly boasts the weight as 30lbs, and that's with rigid forks not bombers and without the 3" tyre!

Although there is a very solid feel about the scab, I mean just look at the gussets on the headtube.... Having said that mine did crack around the seat tube unfortunately :(

Latest posts

Back