1988 Scott "Sawtooth"------Done !!!

thekid

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
this thing does not know what woods are,much less the mountains! by the looks of it ,it was street ridden only, i believe it to be a 1988 due to the earlier decal design, it is not the top of the line series,it is know as the "Adventure' model with Shimano Exage components but still a very smooth rider , i have been looking for any catalog scans for this year and model if anyone could help i would greatly be thankful ,heres a sneek peek for now .i'll post complete pictures after my new tires are mounted,and alittle detail work is done
Picture562.jpg

Hi, late 80's I would say, is it tange and cro-mo frame? I think they were made 86-89, the earlier model had bigger grafix as you mentioned, especially on the top tube...lovely colour...

There is an earlier post on here, with an earlier frame, the "sawtooth" was in large block grafix on the downtube, very nice though...

Hi
it's for sure '88 and probably in realy nice condition!

I'm having Boulder from this Year and graphics are same
On top tube You should have - except Scott decal - decals of US Ski Team and Alpine Pool Ski Canada
Why? remember '88 was year of Olimpic Games in Calgary (Cannada) :)
Obraz%20020.jpg

frame should be double butted cr-mo made by Tange

BTW it is 3rd 88 Scott I ever saw - first was Sawtooth too (someday in eBay US), second was my Boulder bought here

Catalogue.... I wish to see it someday.....

thanks guys, well mine must be a 88 also because it also has the US SKI TEAM decals like yours ,nice ! :roll: skolioza,it also has 3 spare spokes in a factory welded mount on the right bottom chainstay :LOL: thanks again for the info and any more info ya'll might come across. more pictures soon !

i was hoping to give ya pictures of the complete bike this weekend ,but my new tires are snowed in at a UPS hub in New York ! it could take up to a week to get them

In meantime I found screens of ebay auction I saw

2.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

Could You try to define is it Your bike?
I mean did You bought exactly that one from my photos, or is it same model but other bike
Cheers, Marcin

Back