BoTM Jan 2011 Nominations - Pre 1990 special

Status
Not open for further replies.
For your consideration. My completely original 1983 Stumpjumper.

Full build thread and lots of close up pics here
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=133100

guisbro009.jpg

guisbro037.jpg

winners

well, there are some good entires, .....!!!!!

I had narrowed it down to two.....Both of which, are in excellent condition,
Sithlords.....lovely Mt Tam,---gorgeous fillets.
Crantinopes......stunning original Tbg Explosif,---just mint.

then Doctor Bond, gives us, his Peugeot/Roberts....the pure "provenance" of this bike, should make it a winner in my book...!!!! An english "CHAMPIONS" actual race bike, made by a legendary english builder, " Chas Roberts", using Reynolds 753 fillet brazed tubing, for the sponsered rider to use painted in the official Peugeot team colours of the time......!!!! what more can you say.......the history speaks for it self. its all there......... :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Then along comes the good Doctor, and offers up his "pristine" 1983 STUMPJUMPER, .......truly "surreal"......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Its condition is amazing, and no less than you would expect from dr s, every bike i have seen, is an example of how a bike should look and be looked after.....!!!! And certainly doesnt help with me making a voting choice....., after all, it may be noted by some, that this bike rides like a typical early 80s mountain bike, but again the significance of this model, is undisputed......... :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

this now leaves me in a real "Tizz wozz"............. :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

I, er, think mine entry is, erm, well, er, (shuffles feet, tries not to think about shrivled penis), suddenly rather inadequate...

legrandefromage":2qfo72jv said:
I, er, think mine entry is, erm, well, er, (shuffles feet, tries not to think about shrivled penis), suddenly rather inadequate...

Dont fret LGF, my Jamis didn't get a single vote the last time I entered it and I'm not expecting much more this time :LOL:

I could have entered my 88' Stumpy and I'm sure the pretty colours alone would have got a vote or two.
Trouble is thats its just not as nice a bike as the Jamis and thats what counts in my eyes :D

legrandefromage":1a5ev7e2 said:

thinking the same about my sarracen lgf

kirbdug

i was gonna put my 88 dale in but i dont think i'll bother

need to find it first anyway :roll:

This month is looking insane. I better get the 88 CBR parts on the Fat, and update my pics before the deadline, if I want a snowball's chance.

Anyone going to enter a Moots Mountaineer or an early Breezer?

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back