1992 GT Zaskar LE -- FINISHED [page 2]

I really appreciate all the positive feedback! I was worried about overdoing it with the red ano. In fact, I was on the fence about using the red SRP derailleur bolts and bottle cage bolts. In the end I think it's a nice balance. The derailleur pivot bolt gave me some trouble because I let the internal spring loose and had to wind it back into place -- not fun.

At this point the only thing I want to change is the front canti cable hanger. I think an Onza Chill Pill would look cleaner. :)

Two words.

Flippin' gorgeous.

The red colour scheme that you've gone with is pretty much exactly the way I want to go with the Team LTS build that I'm just venturing out on.

Now that I've seen how nice it looks with a polished frame I'm convinced! And credit to gil_m on those decals. They're brilliant. I think he may well have some future business coming his way from me!

Ps: I'd be grateful for any tips you have on polishing as I'm going to need to do a fair bit of it on my LTS!

Barneyballbags":1v6kyrs9 said:
Two words.

Flippin' gorgeous.

The red colour scheme that you've gone with is pretty much exactly the way I want to go with the Team LTS build that I'm just venturing out on.

Now that I've seen how nice it looks with a polished frame I'm convinced! And credit to gil_m on those decals. They're brilliant. I think he may well have some future business coming his way from me!

Ps: I'd be grateful for any tips you have on polishing as I'm going to need to do a fair bit of it on my LTS!

Thanks! Credit goes to gm1230126 -- the frame was in great condition when I received it. I just went over it with some Nevr Dull polish to clean it up a bit. No heavy polishing needed (thankfully). :)

And yes, gil_m did a fantastic job with the decals once again!

brocklanders023":1pycz33o said:
Where did you get the grips btw? Could do with a set of them. ;)

I got mine off Ebay, but you can find them anywhere. They're standard Oury's which are still in production. :)

Top job , a really well specced bike ! One of the best Zaskar's on here, :cool:

mfh126":3plg25c3 said:
Thanks! Credit goes to gm1230126 -- the frame was in great condition when I received it. I just went over it with some Nevr Dull polish to clean it up a bit. No heavy polishing needed (thankfully). :)

Ahhh, a name that crops up on a number of GT-related occasions from what I've seen. I stumbled upon his Aladdins Cave of bike bits the other night. I'm hoping that he might have a set of Judys that he wants to part with. I'm just waiting to find out :D

He also informed me that he had the whole of my wanted list! :shock:

Latest posts

Back