BoTM October 2010 - Nominations please

Status
Not open for further replies.
gm1230126":22ju0i9q said:
Spoken like a photographer at a photo contest, which IMHO this BOTM thread is becoming....seems to me more about the quality of the photo rather than the bikes? Is this a photo website or a bike web site?

Almost right, I used to be a freelancer though got out of that game many years ago. As for photography contests at camera clubs? I have never heard more nonsense talked than at camera club photo contests, I avoid them like the plague!

Though the rest of your post is wrong. The photography is awful but I didn't mention it and doesn't affect how I would vote. My criticisms were about the bike. The owner has admitedly made no effort to clean it before presenting it for entry, this lack of effort is what I am criticising. As I mentioned a dirty post ride bike is one thing but a grubby just built bike is another.

That is all.

John":2ehuakpz said:
Seems rather self evident to me people are going to voting for the best bike (in their opinion of course) with the best photos.

Or the woman with the biggest breasts it seems......

LeeDevelopment":23hnzkkn said:
John":23hnzkkn said:
Seems rather self evident to me people are going to voting for the best bike (in their opinion of course) with the best photos.

Wooooooo, was that REALLY necessary???!!! You just said that out loud! lol!

There are some really good entries this month and some quality pictures too - these botm contests never seem to go how you think they will, but I'm sure that the most popular bike will win and there are some very sweet entries!

miss money penny":3q745q0h said:
LeeDevelopment":3q745q0h said:
John":3q745q0h said:

There are some really good entries this month and some quality pictures too - these botm contests never seem to go how you think they will, but I'm sure that the most popular bike will win and there are some very sweet entries!

thus his avatar ;)

Your photo was not overtly titillating. Some men will be boys, no matter what a woman wears while riding. I wish there were many more women on this site and posting regularly; making comments about their bodies isn't conducive to that happening.

On another point:
people can enter whatever they want; the votes make things clear in the end. Some of these conversations should be held till the actual BoTM thread, not the nominations thread.

Great bikes as usual this month.
I always think its a pity though that people can't be arsed to put up a build/info thread in the appropriate place. Most folk on here would be interested in the parts that make up the whole...

GoldenEraMTB":1e83effn said:
On another point:
people can enter whatever they want; the votes make things clear in the end. Some of these conversations should be held till the actual BoTM thread, not the nominations thread.

Bang on Golden. Please stop moaning about bikes/pictures you don't like. Simple answer is to not vote for them. Each one is someone's pride and joy so there's nothing wrong with them putting them up for the forum to vote on.

brocklanders023":2859yy0d said:
GoldenEraMTB":2859yy0d said:
On another point:

Bang on Golden. Please stop moaning about bikes/pictures you don't like. Simple answer is to not vote for them. Each one is someone's pride and joy so there's nothing wrong with them putting them up for the forum to vote on.[/quote

+ 1.... :D

GoldenEraMTB":26wf7col said:
miss money penny":26wf7col said:
LeeDevelopment":26wf7col said:
John":26wf7col said:

thus his avatar ;)

Your photo was not overtly titillating. Some men will be boys, no matter what a woman wears while riding. I wish there were many more women on this site and posting regularly; making comments about their bodies isn't conducive to that happening.

On another point:

+++++++++......1..... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back