The NW&NW Area: General Chat Thread

drystonepaul":1z6algnf said:
I'm more than happy to go for the 28th or 29th. My preference would be the Saturday.

And it'll be good to meet you Earl... :D
Saturday 28th it is then, i'll get a thread together. Will be good to go a bit further North, maybe a macretro or two will join us.

Hello NWA
. For anyone planning on doing the Peaks Meet (and you should because it's brilliant) I have been ringing round to get some accomodation. My usual spot (and everywhere else I have tried) is fully booked that weekend but I have managed to find an off the radar place that has room.
So if you want an alternative to the infamous Woodbine B&B this is your chance
There are 3 rooms up for grabs with a total of 9 beds. Prices are from £15 to £28pppn for room only. Breakfasts are available at the excellent Causeway House for £6 extra ( Mark will vouch for how good the food is as well as the friendly hosts). Location is Castleton which is 10 mins walk/ 5 mins ride from Hope where the ride begins. The pubs in Castleton are open to 1am which is a bonus.

If you want a room/bed in a shared room on Friday or Saturday, please PM me ASAP as the Landlady is only holding the spaces until the weekend.

Cheers
Si

Best get that accomodation booked then if your planning on staying over. I'm just making a day of it this year. Cheers for the info Si.

28th sounds great :)

I was up there on Sunday and it was fairly worn. I think they need to close it for a month and get some work done to the trails, as it'll really suffer over winter as it is.

Ay up guys ! Hope everyone is well . Sorry i've not been on for a while ,i've been on my jollys in Ibiza ! ...party party then some sweaty mountain biking ! :LOL:

I managed to get some riding in while i was there. I did a ride with a nice chap called Oliver who runs a mountain bike guided tour business.

ibiza2.jpg

ibiza1.jpg

He had no retro steeds :cry: so I had to make do with a Cannondale.

I should be ok for the Whinlatter ride on the 28th. :cool:

The money i saved not being on retrobike for a week paid for my holiday :LOL:

My flat already looks like a bike shop mate, my hallway is an assault course made with bikes !

I've updated the NW&NWA Calendar.
Ride pencilled in for the 10th October in Wales to coincide with the 10/10/10 rides and celebrate the first anniversary of our area groups pioneering ride at Llandegla last year.

Sidewinder is organising it though, so I'm sure he'll let us all know the details soon.

Back