Amp fork disc brake adaptor?

I'm clearly up for both a front and a rear as I started the thread. Unless someone wants to sell me their Amp/rockshox disc brakes? Just found a thread that says that icycles knocked them out at $38. I remember seeing them at the time, just before I discovered retrobike and now that I need/want them - Doh!

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. Looks as though at least Gadro and I want a set made up. Any other takers for any? Any takers for manufacture?

Quick question about the annodising - why is this necessary out of interest?

For neatness I'd want to go for the threaded approach, and if possible, for the mouts to be fitted on the inside, though is there an issue with doing this and the clearance for the disc?

Ian

I'm more than happy to produce them, I've had a think about how to do IS rear, I'll sort out some pictures later. After i've done the stuf that pays the bills :D

I'll drop Brion a line and get exact dimensions to cross reference against the ones i've taken.

ATB

John

Brion has kindly sent all the relative drawings for discs and mounts, they're in PDF format so I'll need to put them into DXF format.

ATB

John

ishaw":2pn0k25l said:
I'm toying with the idea of running old hope discs on my amp forks, but as many will know, the mounts on the forks are nothing short of retro and conform to no known modern standard.

Does anyone know if it possible to buy an adaptor? Amp don't have anything and I don't have access to anything needed to make one myself.

Apologies if this has been asked before, but nothing came up in the search results.

Thanks

Ian

hi. it's a while since any posts on this thread but... does anybody still need an IS adapter mount for use with AMP forks?
i used to work for a high end LBS and we sent the pair of AMP forks to the guys at hope for them to get the design they needed...
guess what i have in my hand right now?...
an AMP adapter, 1 only, i no longer need it!
any offers?

B3":1n6npnnh said:
I'm more than happy to produce them

Glad someone stepped up. I have the facilities and the CAD files to make them, but I'm on the other side of the pond. Best someone on the island do it, simply for the logistics/expense.

DSCF0011-2.jpg

Back