Ilkeston Raleigh 753 in team colours

pbc0

Retro Newbie
I own a totally original Ilkeston raleigh 753 road race bike in the red yellow & black team colours. I bought the frame new when I was sixteen 28 years ago. Its equipped with a pair of Pete Matthews 28 spoke sprint wheels, has a campag. record head set, Campag record crank with super record chain rings and a 16-20t six speed sprocket. I rode it in a 25 mile time trial once and it was like nothing I had ever ridden before. It was so responsive, it felt like every ounce of effort was going directly onto the road. Unfortunately shortly after due to serious illness, the bike ended up in my mothers attic, where it stayed for 28 years. I had always intended to return to cycling but as time went on things changed. Career, family etc.
I have now decided its time to part with my beloved raleigh and was wondering if anyone on the forum would like to give it a good home and finally get the enjoyment it was built for. I have no idea of the value of the bike. Apart from the alloy parts showing a little tarnish the frame is absolutely mint.

From the description I'd definitely be keen if it's a big un i.e. 24" to 25" or around 60cm in metric.

Perhaps more importantly, any chance of posting a photo?

Sorry I forgot to mention the frame size.
its 22 1/2"
I'm 6' and I used to ride 23" frames but found I liked a smaller frame but used a longer stem.
Haven't got a photo just now but I'll take some pictures this weekend and post them.

Back