got it !!!!!!!!!!! raleigh content

Nice bike - looks like a cracker.

I've got a Montage (one up from the massif?), it's nowhere near yours. The paintwork was a mess, so as a temporary fix i've sprayed it in a slightly darker blue with black forks and am rebuilding it... it's my hack really, and once I get something a bit nicer it may well go SS.

Personally, I'd keep the Massif with a few period mods if possible, I would have with the Montage if it was as nice as yours is...

I think the frame is the same as mine, lovely position and a perfect fit for me, can't wait to get mine back....

That is such a nice bike. I've got the 1990 Mirage, I use mine every day - 15 mile commute down an old railtrack, and put V-brakes on. I overtook three lycra roadies on it today, they were so suprised.

Attachments

• miage3.jpg
    miage3.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 5,018
P1010288.jpg

my yukon

Four Raleihs on first page right now.
Who said Raleighs aint cool? :cool:
Nice colour and it looks near NOS.
Do you know the diffence with the Montage?

Jamis Diablo":28pbal2g said:
Four Raleihs on first page right now.
Who said Raleighs aint cool? :cool:
Nice colour and it looks near NOS.
Do you know the diffence with the Montage?

I had a Moonrun - same frame as the Yukon, Mirage, Discovery and (I think Montage if that was the blue one with Suntour XCT stuff), these frames had Reynolds 501 main tubes.

The massif had high tensile main tubes and sat in the range between the Lizard/Mustang and the 501 framed bikes.

My Moonrun was ace, despite a rubbish name and drab black colour with orange/brown graphics - comfy to ride - many miles with it - happy days :LOL:

fingers":1f5bg2la said:
BITD I had a black and white raleigh mustang... Ah now that was fun...

the 20" ? i had one of those... 5 speed... blooming wicked lil thing, I went as far as buying one a year or so ago to replace the one i had when i was a kid but cant justrify it as a 6ft guy riding around on a 20"kids mtb looks a bit funny haha...

Loving the massif btw... im a real raleigh fan and nice to see some love for the unloved here :)

Back