MM aftermath

Cheers all - it was an ace event. Really good fun.

Loved the soundsystem & BBQs. Gorgeous machines and ed's "motivational talks"

Knackered at work today but planning next year

daj":62dja7st said:
gump":62dja7st said:
:D

Last lap, catching up to rest of massive and 6 of us crossing line formation flying just topped off a good weekend.

5 I got dumped in the gutter coming down towards the gate .... gutted :cry: :oops: :LOL:

oh no!!

And I didn't know :oops: Sorry.

Hope you ok. Wasn't that special a finish anyway :roll:

Before I vanish on holiday, thought id put down a few Mayhem memories and thoughts.

- Firstly, thanks to DSO, Woody and DJ K for their efforts in the NW&NWA 4 man team. We did really well 18 laps is a cracking number, yes we could have done another but I think i'd still be out there now. Paul and Woody fair paly, 5 fast laps on a mayhem debut is a real achievement.

- Loved the Friday night Jenga, feeling for the poor bloke who knocked it down with his first go.

- Our trackside heckling tent was the best on the track, it certainly brought smiles to those passing by.

- Loved the track, it had some really good sections this year. My arms didn't like it though, riding rigid thay were dead by the end of my 4th lap.

- Thanks to John and indeed chef Makster for the BBQ on Friday, a great effort.

- It was also great to see so many NW&NWA riders at the event, reckon wec ould make our own 10 man team next year.

- Sidewinders breakdown at the RB heckling tent is the stuff of legends.

See you all next year.

gump said:
cheers for the wine gums ;)

My pleasure, sorry they were a bit dusty ;)

Just checked the results, came in the top 100 (just) of the blokey solo :D

Here's to getting in to a double figure lap count next year! (If it's dry again)

Thanks to all, 'twas a blast!

I'm off back to bed, I'll put down my considered thoughts and musings when I'm less tired.

Cheerio.

Just to add my voice, cheers all for a top weekend. I was one of the interlopers in the slightly larger tent, in the team with Sim & Heathy. Thanks for making us feel so welcome, it's something you should all be proud of.

Friday BBQ was fantastic, and the rain put everyone on edge. Praise Allah for the dry race. Jenga was unreal - and reminded me of a Homer Simpson quote: "In this house, we obey the laws of physics."

I was stunned by the effort and commitment that was tirelessly put in by so many for the whole race, and that was just the Heckling Tent!

I've a few photos to follow.

amazing weekend , still feeling shagged now .was great to meet up again with some old faces and was nice to meet some new ,going to have to go now got to start trainning for next year as i have foolishly said im going to do it solo .got some cracking memoreis will post up later

Cracking weekend, big thanks to Daj and the rest of my team.
I managed to go from 'i've bitten of more than I can chew' to 'i'm loving this and not actually walking that much anymore' in 48 hours.
Big up Mr K and his sound system( Purchase of numerous Easy Allstars CD's is immenent ;) )
Cheers to Ed for a cold beer when I really needed one :D

High Points-
Gravy monster's tardis like vito that kept producing more and more bikes.
Briefly following a female pro up a hill(for about 5 seconds before she zoomed off :oops: )
The weather :cool:

Low points-
The brief thought on friday afternoon that the whole weekend was going to be a washout. Didn't last long though :D

To finish, big up Tad the Solo hero :D

Attachments

• The calm before the storm. Saturday 05.30am.jpg
    The calm before the storm. Saturday 05.30am.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 1,950
  • The thursday evening possee.jpg
    The thursday evening possee.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 1,950
  • Last one. Batteries ran out!.jpg
    Last one. Batteries ran out!.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 1,950
Mountain Mayhem 2010 Retrobike Team = A truly amazing weekend :!:

Big thanks go especially to The Guv'nor , Mr K , and my team captain Mark. This was a memorable weekend and i enjoyed every minute of it ! :D

MM1.jpg

Will post up more pic's soon ;)

Just to echo everything allready said, great weekend. Cheers to John for the BBQ and to everyone there for making it a fantastic race.

I wasn't riding retro (it was in the back of the van ready for emergencies) but it was good to pass your camp every lap, and I tried to keep an eye out for the bikes on the course.

I spotted some Ti-looking machine drenched in purple ano, several Oranges and a yellow GT, but best of all was seeing a mint-looking Ti-Mega during my last lap on the climb up into the plasticine woods. As I just about managed to say at the time, "best bike I've seen all weekend mate" :cool:

Back