My New (old) 95 Marin Pine Mountain

Ferris

Dirt Disciple
I have just bought a 95 Marin Pine Mountain. I used to have a 94 PM way back in the mid 90's.

Now the thing is I was going to put this bike back to the same spec as my old bike, ie same colour, rigid, full XT M737 etc - old bike stylee

or

do I get the same paint job but get a disc mount fitted before the respray, maybe old Hope Mini's, Pace rigid forx etc - old but new bike stylee...

maybe a bit of both/in between, ie original XT Vee's?????

I dont know.... I would like to give it a go to ride off road so I suppose new discs would be good.....

suggestions please.

Ferris

Ferris":oep6mnth said:
for such an opinionated bunch you don’t have much of an opinion

:LOL:

Right, that's goaded me at least!

An old Pine Mountain sounds great (my first offroader was a Palisades in about 198:cool: but how to build it up depends to a great extent on how much you want to have what you previously had, budget, time, intended use etc. so there's no straightforward answer.

My suggestion for what it's worth (probably not much!) is that if you want to ride it you build it with the 'old but new bike' approach although I wouldn't worry about discs personally and just go with v's.

That said if you do go down the discs route you could get the canti bosses removed for a super clean 'old but new' look which might be interesting.

Latest posts

Back