Retrobike - the Second Anniversary

Congratulations John, you had a vision and i hope that you are very proud to see what it has grown into over two years.

A big thank you to all the Mods and to all the other members who share the passion. :D
As people have already said, i've spent far too much money buying bits that used to find the bin when i worked in bike shops back in the day.........

May this site grow from strength to strength and maybe in the distant future we could have our own 'Retro Mountain Mayhem'............now i've got you all thinking! ;)

nice one.

I'm seven bikes the 'richer' (and a fair bit of money the poorer!) due to the enthusiasm on this site - it's contagious!

keep it up!

As a second anniversary treat my work has decided to block this site from their server as it would appear I use it too often!! I will have to have words... ;)

Thank you John.
My mid-life crisis is going smooth. I've got Trimbles again thanks to this site. But i've got no money and the flat looks like a bike shop. Told the soon to be ex her bike must go ASAP. Space to be made. :LOL: Also have met some great people. :D
Must remember nothing is perfect. This is better than any of the other bike site by miles :cool:

Thanks once again for the positive words, as I said in my first post the users make the site.

As well as the constant influx of new names it's also good to see so many people who posted from the start still here, still spending too much on old bikes :cool:

The great thing with this site is the older it gets, the more retro our bikes become.

This site has really defined the last two years of my life. Retrobike was the only place that kept me sane during the 'dark year' I spent living in the States (sorry to all our US friends, I do love your country just not the company I had to work for) and has stopped me doing any work since I got back. I met a good number of great people through this site and virtually met even more (Jez, we will meet one of these days...).

Happy Birthday one and all

Happy Birthday Retrobike - ditto all of the above comments. Its a great place to spend some free time. Hope to meet up with more members in near future. Cheers John.

Happy Birthday Retrobike.

Yup, agree with the others. And like Pete, this place is definately starting to define my days. Not a bad thing. I think it might be my spiritual home. After all those years wandering around the web looking for a friendly bunch with similar interests, (namely mountain biking's golden eras) I stumbled across you lot and a friendship was born.

To all the Retrobike family - thank you. And here's to the future.

:D

This site saved my bike from sram attacks and a low end shimano crankset.

I can't thank it enough, and really pleased to be part of it

..... although I haven't properly ridden my bike since joining as it is normally in bits :(

Back