And today I did......

Mr Panda":365va47s said:
Experienced the rear derry on my ride-to-work Cinder Cone become VERY friendly with rear wheel spokes, doubling up on itself and locking wheel on the way back to work this afternoon :shock:

Fortunately at low speed and the only thing broken is the derraileur.

Had to run/walk/push back uphill home to get spare Cinder Cone :D , equipped with xtr lovliness, to get back in, late :roll:

Mech is gubbed so replacement goes on tonight . :(

the joys of gears :LOL:

continued the bathroom last night - got the bath in but I have a leak in the drainage :( so it needs to come out again.

I thought about my bike and cycling but that's as close as I got.

how is everyone's 10undertheBen training going? I haven't seen a hill since Dunkeld.

Another tough day in the life of an old car fettler. Just had a call from a customer asking if I would go down to Norfolk to bring back his newly aquired 1963 Ferrari 250 SWB Berlinetta. Its 250 bloody miles away for starters and the seller sounds like a right cad- some old guitarist called Eric. :cool:

its a hard life :roll:

ZZ fit modern canti's with the alan key fitted pads like you get with Vee's.
Way easier to set up and as a result work better plus easy to adjust on the trail. Both my hardrock and my Nishiki sport Alhonga ones now and you can get Shimano ones of this type as well.

Dr S":30avk6tq said:
Another tough day in the life of an old car fettler. Just had a call from a customer asking if I would go down to Norfolk to bring back his newly aquired 1963 Ferrari 250 SWB Berlinetta. Its 250 bloody miles away for starters and the seller sounds like a right cad- some old guitarist called Eric. :cool:

Nice :cool: , i remember seeing one on the A66 once (the Scotch corner end), had an original wethered look to it so pretty sure it was the real deal and not a replica, the grubby Daytona i spotted on the outside lane of the M1 north of London was an awesome sight too.

Started commuting to work on the bike again, been using the Klunker last couple of days which has proved to be great for the job, so great in fact i went mad earlier and ordered a brand new Brooks saddle for it, same B73 thats on it only black and chrome and not as knackered looking :LOL:

Dr S

I can do you a favour Dr S, seen as your so busy I will get a train to Norfolk and drive the car back for you. I will do it cheap and really just so you dont have to deal with the dodgy old seller. I will handle it ;)
There is the usual caveat though, all care but no responsibility ;)
Just like life :roll:

Just glad to be able to help you out.
Jamie

Dr S":17btb7m0 said:

I must admit, that is UBER cool!! :cool:

Even Mrs P (who thinks we are all Bairn's) said WOW when I read that to her :LOL:

Gc

Took the day off and went down to Glentress - surprisingly busy. Beautiful spring day. A fair bit of the snow has thawed, although the slush higher up has now iced up. Did Betty Blue for the first time, looks like it'd be a nice little bit of trail without the ice and snow - still prefer Super G, but it was closed.

Back